Broke my toe and it’s bent in the wrong direction.

I was just wondering if the bit where your toe had gone the wrong way had changed any of your socks

1 Like

Oh right.

a ring around the tosies

Anyone else got anything good to show?

1 Like

Great thread

4 Likes

that might be too much for me but i’m sure some people on here would be interested

I have no big toenails anymore because I used to get a lot of ingrown toenails when I was a kid, they cut them off and then did some kind of cauterisation of the nail-bed so it never grows back.

Pretty cool huh?

5 Likes

Yeah that makes sense, I don’t really care though or see the point

take my penknife, my good man

Please see a doctor about it. I’ve just managed to get my sister to go get hers sorted out. Gangrene is no fucking joke and ingrowing toenails can kill you. I’ve had serial issues with them in my younger years and like you I’d spend ages pretty much every day trying to clean them. 3 surgeries later, I still have my toenails but I’ve learned how to cut them to reduce pressure and the chance of it happening again - basically had to buy a fancy pedicure kit and cut and file the sides of the toenail very carefully every few months.

1 Like
1 Like

Good job, I did my small one a few years ago - proper right angle job. Having local anaesthetic injected into the fracture so that it could be straightened will stay with me for a long while yet.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Worst thing is that I’m a doctor, and have done a couple of A&E rotations, so knew exactly what was coming. The 2 hours of dread was almost as bad as kicking the wall in the first place. Unfortunately it was something that lived up to my expectations.

Still, got some lovely codeine out of it at least.

I did this a few years back and it is rubbish. For this reason, I didn’t unblur your picture, I know what it looks like and don’t wish to see it again. :slight_smile:

Hope you’re doing OK now!

1 Like

I went back and had another look

3 Likes

Nitrous is freaking awesome for this - when I did my elbow (capitellum fracture, fact fans) it was dead straight and wouldn’t bend at all, but they had to get it up to a sling support position. Took two staff to wrench it up there, and I was just huffing away on the ol’ nitrous pipe. It was the single most painful thing that I’ve ever had done, but I only know it was painful because I could feel the waves of pain pulsing through my body like a beat but no actual pain. Magic stuff.

what?? is mine in the post?

Has nobody asked how you did it yet?

1 Like

I obviously had a kinder registrar seeing me than you did. This was almost 10 years ago though and they have clamped down a fair amount on the weak opioids when they realised that people were using household items (like water and a glass) to extract all the codeine and get super-high on it. Pretty dangerous game to let people play really.

So no, no drugs for you.

1 Like