Broken Social Scene

You Forgot it in People has been one of my favourite discoveries from my Primavera preparations. A few too many meandering tracks/interludes to live up to the best-of-2000s hype, but on the whole a really enjoyable album. Really liking the new single too. So where’s best for me to go next?

• Feel Good Lost
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Forgiveness Rock Record
  • BSides/One of the solo albums

0 voters

BSS, by a mile.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yes please

ABSOLUTELY!!! :grinning:

3 Likes

I much preferred Bee Hives to Broken Social Scene, can’t say I’ve listened to any of the others…

This is nice

5 Likes

I won two tickets to see them at Brixton Academy last night. I have never listened to their music before so didn’t know a single song. Took along a friend who’s a big fan.

They were so good! The music was wonderful and the band had a great energy which the crowd was definitely picking up on and feeding back to them. The primal scream was a highlight.

According to my Setlist FM, the names of the songs I really enjoyed were 7/4, Cause = Time and Fire Eye’d Boy. Really gonna dig in to the catalogue now.

7 Likes

Oh, you’re going to love this. Just love it.

I remember the first time I listened to You Forgot It In People. It was overwhelming.

6 Likes

7th time seeing them (4 in Canada, 3rd time here) and this was up there as one of the best. Brilliant gig last night.

Cause = time is like the best song of the 00s for my money

2 Likes

I’ve seen several great shows from BSS over the years and a couple of shoddy ones too (thank God they’ve got the 3-hour meandering jam band thing out of their system), but the sets they did at EOTR and last night at Brixton are definitely a cut above. So glad to have finally seen Emily Haines perform “Anthems…”

Brilliant show last night, just totally life-affirming and celebratory. The horns on Ibi will always get me smiling.

I won a pair too!

Thought it was a wonderful show and the kind of catharsis I needed after all the horrific news.

I also loved being in a half(ish) full Brixton Academy, sell out shows there are tough going at times but this was perfect.

1 Like

Yes the fact it wasn’t sold out made a huge difference! I’d been there on Friday night last week for Metronomy too and there wasn’t a ton of room for manoeuvre, but yesterday was a real sweet spot. Wasn’t empty by any means either.

Agreed on sweet spot. Still plenty of atmosphere, just no agro getting a drink and navigating about.

Was also a ticket winner. Did anyone actually pay to get in?

Oh man, that setlist. Serious regret not making the trip down now :cry:

At least they didn’t play All to All

That song is my absolute jam

1 Like