Broken Social Scene

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Listening now, it’s great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love this band.

I’ve always quite liked BSS but recently I’ve got proper proper into them. They’re good aren’t they!

2 Likes

Oh I can’t wait to really get stuck into this - but first impression is that it’s gorgeous and fun.

‘Victim Lover’ is bloody lovely

1 Like

I went off them a while ago after I saw some footage of a live set and they looked like dickheads, one of them was wearing a trilby. I’m going to listen to the new one and feel positive about them though, because they do some good songs.

• Listen to this
  • Read book

0 voters

Probably the most non-dickhead band out there…

2 Likes

I know the set and it’s a fedora, not a trilby.

Thoughts on new album?

I’m really liking it, reminiscent of the s/t album for me

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
(along with Kung Fu Kenny I guess, so wildly different obviously that I won’t compare)

I listened to it a couple of times on NPR this week and I think it’s brilliant, but does tail off pretty sharply after the title track.

here and rym’s community have me motivated to give the new album a go,. The praise has my expectations higher than I would expect.

I guess Feist is on some of this? The title track and others?

She’s on four tracks (including the title track)

This is AOTY for me so far by quite some distance. Protest Song gets better with each listen.

Grizzly Bear could be a challenger though. Singles sounding good so far.

1 Like

Protest Song is one of their best ever tunes. The guitar solo bit in the middle soars like an eagle.

1 Like

Yeah, this is really good. They’d kind of disappeared off my radar after the self titled album, so this is a nice surprise.