Broken Social Scene

That’s a weird mix of venues. Belgrave only holds about 200

should be at the brude

no manchester gig is strange as well

Irish centre was a good size for them when they played there

Finally they make it to Bristol. Shit venue again but provided it’s not silly money I’m there.

This was the bonus track on the vinyl edition of Hug of Thunder

1 Like
4 Likes

Just for clarification here:

1 Like

cheers for this!

It’s a fucking amazing performance and the new songs are sounding STRONG. Love this band!

Always think of Ryan Gosling whenever listening to BSS (Half Nelson OST). Great soundtrack that one.

1 Like

if i despised their last two albums will i enjoy this? can’t bring myself to press play.

2 Likes

You didn’t like Hug of Thunder?

utter dogshit.

1 Like

5 Likes

they were a genuinely exciting band who could swing between gorgeous ambient music, Dinosaur Jr-fuzz and weird, dense compelling shoegaze - i think it’s telling that Drew was so critical of the production on the self-titled record (a brilliant album), because it’s been all downhill from there

3 Likes

I think they’ve let more filler bleed into the more recent records, but for me theres 5 or six on both of them that are up there with any of their older output. Hug of Thunder itself is one of the best songs they’ve ever written.

4 Likes

i also think, in hindsight, the producer on those second and third albums was a massive factor in the same way that Sitek was on the early TV on the Radio records.

3 Likes

Just want to say I’m completely with you on this

2 Likes

Hug of Thunder was great

9 Likes

Thought Hug of Thunder was incredible personally and a massive return to form after Forgiveness Rock Record (which was kinda bland). Also that live video is brilliant.