Bros documentary - BBC4/iplayer

handy cos in the old 80s interview clips i could absolutely not tell them apart at all

1 Like

yeah i dunno, on watching it i thought Matt was obviously the self aggrandising, quotable idiot with a weird temper (particularly his weird little brief tantrum in the pyros bit) and Luke came across relatively normal and rounded in comparison.

but come to think of it Luke reminded me a lot of that friend who falls out with you about something minor on a night out and will refuse to let it go and keep ostentatiously trying to make peace with you even you don’t care that i presume everyone has.

1 Like

for me the worst bit was after luke throws that massive paddy and then tries to act like it was nothing the next day when they’re on the TV show. made him seem like an actual nightmare person.

kinda thought it was fair enough that he got a bit annoyed that they wouldn’t even entertain trying out his suggestion once, could at least humour him for 30 seconds or so before discarding it. probably not worth storming out over though eh.

2 Likes

ttf has spoken

3 Likes

not a massive fan of the old ‘throwing a paddy’ term tbh although i’d genuinely never heard it until like a year ago

5 Likes

hmm you’re right, never even thought about the origins of it but does seem to be dodgy. will endeavour not to say it in future

3 Likes

I thought better if him for that. Just move on, keep things going, it’s not a big deal etc

They’re both the type of people who attempt to de-escalate situations in an ever more escalating manner.

9 Likes

Since when do drummers get opinions?

fair, dunno if i’d have connected it but an english friend asked me if it was racist once and i had to google it as i didn’t even know what it meant

3 Likes

he started it!!!

phil collins, and erm… hmm

3 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Big fan of their dart game. As if a game of what sounded like Falling Dart Chicken is indicative of health and safety gone mad :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll give you Mascis but I’d never consider the other two as drummers.

1 Like

Bob Dylan

1 Like

ringo starr

1 Like

Other notable drummers who became frontpeople; Madonna, Bobby Gillespie… can’t be many more.

1 Like

Belinda Carlisle
Chris Reifert

1 Like