Bros documentary - BBC4/iplayer

7 Likes

I’d be interested to hear their take on its surprise popularity

1st half of the documentary

Luke “Truly humbling trying to get my head around it”
Matt "As Kevin Costner said in the american football film Dream Fields ‘If you play they will come’ "

2nd Half

Luke “Pleased to be finally recognised as a musical talent”
Matt “Truly humbling trying to get my head around it”

2 Likes

Was listening to Richard Herrings podcast with Trevor and Simon and it turns out he went to school with the brothers Goss. Didn’t like them much (neither did Trevor and Simon)

Richard Herring?

He went to a private school in Somerset. I don’t think Bros did that, did they?

EDIT: apparently they lived in Cheddar when they were young. I got the impression from the documentary that they grew up in London.

http://www.fistoffun.net/downloads/1995-comedy_review_magazine-richard_herring_cheddar_guide.pdf

They’re London boys!! You know…Embankment…London taxis etc.

29 Likes

keep cracking up whenever I think about the conkers bit. couldn’t script it and the comic timing is 10/10.

funniest bit of telly in years and years

4 Likes

I glossed over that when my bf started suggesting there was something a bit more to that part

1 Like

I imagine if you have a twin you would be oralising each other and shit all the time. Identical of course, I’m not a pervert.

5 Likes

For God’s sake, Balonz.

5 Likes

A 90 minute film focused on them, and I came away still only knowing the same one chorus of theirs that I knew before.

10 Likes

Yeah. Are you a twin?

It was more the fact that Luke seemed very unphased by his brother tonging up his lug holes

1 Like

Also i keep seeing Bros and thinking Bross but then when I say it out loud, I keep saying bros like brothers

Quite annoying

2 Likes

I know their song about Big Ben being a great defender.

5 Likes

90 outstanding minutes of television there, we kept having to pause it because they were creasing us up too much. “I think that hindsight is the philosophy of thoughts… That’s one of the expressions I’ve used. I love words, but I think that it’s valid”. Incredible work.

2 Likes

Why am I still so obsessed with this documentary? :laughing:

https://twitter.com/LizzeeRascal/status/1080585826164240385

11 Likes

I missed this one? Wtf.

The words that come out of this man.

15 Likes

okay i’m picking up where i left off - only managed 17 mins the first time round but there are so many insane quotes in that first 17 mins

he’s just hugged the cabin crew as he got off the plane and i want to die already

6 Likes

just seen the big argument - definitely think Matt is the problem there, clearly thinks he’s the big shot and Luke doesn’t have any ideas worth hearing. Luke also tries to diffuse and Matt just keeps yelling ‘fucking’ at him.

1 Like