Bruce Willis retiring

He has Aphasia apparently :cry:

It’s not that he’d done any great films in recent years but I always had a hope he would come back and do at least one. Felt like he always had that in him.

1 Like

Had no idea he was 67

4 Likes

what a shame, hope hes ok. watched a redlettermedia thing recently about his recent career in borderline fake vod films, and how checked out he is.

just feel sad if that’s actually been him working to his capacity.

5 Likes

One of those which logically makes sense if I think about stuff he was in and roughly how old he’d have been, but I was surprised to.

Cool little story - I didn’t realise he was into this kind of music, too:

6 Likes

Second person in recent weeks to publicise that they have Aphasia (Chris Kamara was the other) - a friend’s mum has it and is starting to become reclusive as she’s so embarrassed by it, it’s really sad.

1 Like

Not read that, but he did a track with Arthur Russell. Maybe that’s the story

No, it’s the story about him asking a DJ for two tracks I’d never heard of, one of which he had

I watched some of that, it assumed that him clearly being fed lines (sometimes by an earpiece) was a result of him just not caring or bothering to learn a script, but I guess in light of this news maybe he was just struggling without those aids. Sad times.

1 Like

I cannot believe you’ve never heard of Dirty Cash. It was a UK #2 & on the charts for like 20 weeks when you were a teenager

2 Likes

I have heard it yeah, although it wasn’t until the chorus that it sounded different to so many songs at the time. But I have never known its name or anything. Absolutely not the music I gave two shits about when I was 14.

1 Like

Fair enough

Never knew that he played Paul Sheldon in a Broadway adaptation of Misery

I hope this was a musical.

1 Like
1 Like

“I’ll beee hobblin’ Paul Sheldoooon, toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!!”

*Curtain falls*

1 Like

Dementia now :sweat:

Didn’t clock this which seems pretty grim all round

https://twitter.com/_Zeets/status/1626317407856865285?s=20

His filmography the last couple of years…

1 Like

Fucking hell

1 Like

Horrid

1 Like