BT the thieving scum

I’m with them and if I could be bothered I’d move because they are expensive. but I can’t be bothered, so they do me on a monthly basis.

Yeah that is what has put me off going with them again, their constant putting the price up (although all the companies probably do this). Started with them in 2009 on £22 and left on 2018 on £40 - seems a bit much.

Looks like it.

bringing back memories of my call centre days here. loved pretending i definitely read all my contracts in full just to annoy unhappy customers.

1 Like

Whatever the answer is, it’s not Virgin Media.

Just reviewed my current broadband situation on the Vodafone website (which is awful btw) - I’m at £20p/m until August. I’ll change it then, and not leave it until next June like Rony would do.

This is exactly what happened with me. I now pay £25 a month with TalkTalk instead of FORTY TWO FUCKING POUNDS WITH VIRGIN. On paper it’s slower than what I had but I literally can’t tell the difference, and I’m a huge nerd.

2 Likes

Will look into talktalk

There is no right answer though is there? All user/location/luck specific.

We have had Virgin for nearly four years here and it has always been lightening quick and I think I had to reset the box once and no other drop outs.

1 Like

My Virgin broadband went through a phase of mysteriously dropping out at 9am every weekday. When you call their service line now you get an automated message telling you that they’re “working to improve the network issues in the **** area” and that they expect the service to return to normal by 6pm. If you’re persistent you can get through to a person eventually. I did that the other week and slightly lost my shit with them (not rude just very angry). Mysteriously my broadband hasn’t cut out again since…

1 Like

Check your terms. I though under direct debit guarantee they had to inform you within a certain period (14 days, maybe 21) if the amount is going to be changing automatically. If they haven’t done that then I’d be giving them the full force of my slightly apologetic middle class semi-scolding.

What they’ve done to Tivo deserves nothing short of them being sent to the Hague. I really ought to give their new box a try I guess, but I kind of feel my ancient contract with them might be more valuable than a new one.

Thank you, I will take a look

Yeah the old box was total shocker, the new on is much, much better. When I moved to it I renegotiated and it was few quid less than the contract I was on… however may not apply to your old contract. Got a new router out of it too.

1 Like

it’s my life

1 Like

its good to talk talk

I was just in the process of changing my home insurance in the week running up to renewal when sainos bank took 600 quid out my account for auto renewal (80 quid more than last year) without telling me and they didn’t email me in advance like they were supposed to earlier. I went mad at them (begged and cried at them to reverse the charges as it was right before payday). They did it but were v sorry not sorry.

I think I’ve got some guarantee from them that they won’t increase the price for the duration of the contract.

You live in the Fuck area?

1 Like

first draft,

Please can you escalate this email for the attention of a manager.
I have recently found out that my broadband bill increased by £20 per month for the last nine months as I was out of contract.
As you can imagine I am not very happy about this. When speaking to the phone operator I was told that the ‘discount’ didn’t apply once the contract expired thus increasing the monthly payment. Though this is all invented as there is no discount it is just another cynical way of extracting money from a percentage of customers who are inevitably unaware or will forget that there will be an illogical charge. I say illogical as BT costs haven’t gone up and if anything they have reduced as the router is presumably paid off within the 18 month contract. It can hardly be called a ‘discount’ either as it is the standard price and the only thing I had to do to activate this ‘discount’ was phone up. In effect not making that phone call cost me £180 for which I did not receive any benefit. It seems to be some perverse game that corporations like to play knowing that an individual cannot possibly throughout their life avoid all these made up forfeits and subsequent penalties. BT could have so easily have just kept me on the original price when out of contract or informed me of the increase, (you send me enough marketing every year). I do not understand why you would do this to a customer? I require either my money back or actual quantify justification as to why is was necessary to charge me the extra £20 per month?