Bus / Passenger thread (rolling) 🚍🚏🏙️🚦

Agree but I always seem to get stuck in traffic

2 Likes

my dad’s a coach driver. He picked up the Flaming Lips at Dublin Airport last year #claimtofame (he had no idea who they were and he said they were quiet and slept most of the trip)

11 Likes

Once went to a bus conference in Rouen :nerd_face:

They had lovely buses there.

3 Likes

I have thoughts about buses and there fucking useless planning when it comes to bus stop intervals but, I will save it for another day cause once I start I won’t be able to stop it angers me so much.

Generally great just don’t get stuck on one during a medical emergency.

Remember back before Google Maps and stop announcements on buses and it was a fucking nightmare working out where you had to get off?

Amazing how quickly this became a problem of the past.

7 Likes

bustimes.org
nextbuses.mobi

They have articulated buses (big bendies) where I live
  • Me too!
  • They used to, but not anymore.
  • They don’t currently, but they plan to in future!
  • No.

0 voters

I get sick on bus travel
  • Always
  • Sometimes
  • Only under certain conditions (e.g. I read during the journey)
  • Rarely
  • Never
  • Other

0 voters

Top deck, front seat
  • Just a regular bus seat with good views
  • I am the driver now.
0 voters

Caught a national express coach from London Victoria a few weeks ago and it was the worst experience ever, or at least since the last time I caught a coach from London Victoria anyway.

Worst place in the entire world

1 Like

All the Megabuses (and their comedy names, and links to an image of each one on Flickr):

http://bustimes.org/operators/megabus/vehicles

A Irish Green Party member being a total fucking dickhead you say? Never.

This post paid for by PROF$.

2 Likes

Love to get into politics and have the attitude “everything is shite anyway, what’s the bloody point”

• Flixbus
  • Megabus

0 voters

Joke’s on him, for some reason none of the Leap card machines were working all summer so I didn’t pay for a bus for about three months.

4 Likes

Or a bus stop home would just have a tiny sign for the bus company and not even a printed timetable.

So you’d have to check before you left the house, memorise the timetable and just hope it turns up because if it doesn’t you don’t even have a phone to call someone

3 Likes

The LUAS is still free afaik

If there’s a hell for buses, Bus Eireann are going straight there.

By the time I finished college it was almost €35 for a return from Clonmel to Cork. Criminal.

They used to. They don’t at the moment but soon* there will be bendy buses that look like trams for some reason.