Bus / Passenger thread (rolling) 🚍🚏🏙️🚦

It is a drive-in-reverse-out bus stop. This is the standard arrangement for bus stations where the buses only have doors at the front.

Please answer my question

Is it Victoria coach station and are you satan?

1 Like

Blue.

Cheese and Onion in green

You absolute Golden Wonder renegade, I love it! Always been a fan, but this has NAILED IT.

#TeamMarckee

1 Like

As the only Weezer album I have ever listened to all the way through, it has to be the Red Album then.

1 Like

I’ve put n/a but the nearest tram stop is probably a 2 hour walk and ferry terminal a day and a half or so…

The hire bikes are like an hour walk to the nearest one but the e-scooters are about 15-20 minutes walk, so I’ve counted that.

1 Like

It isn’t.

Here is a photo of it:

Stanley Bus Station | Stanley Bus Station (completed 2005), … | Flickr

1 Like

Can I ask why there aren’t any seats or nice places to wait?

This looks pretty similar to Victoria when I was there, and for each door/bay there were 60ish people with luggage waiting for their coaches to arrive. The only place to wait was basically within the boundaries of those blue tiles.

I mean, fine for me to stand up cramped for an hour and a half waiting for a delayed coach, but I’m a healthy bloke travelling solo.

I could probably walk to a Croydon tram link stop in about an hour.

Local buses are not long distance coaches. Buses leave the station about a quarter full, and people have shopping but not luggage.

There are seven seats per bus bay here, and each bus has a turnaround of about 15-30 minutes.

There are plenty of seats to sit in given the passenger numbers and wait times. A lot of work went into making sure that the numbers stacked up.

It’s a warm, light and airy bus station. I think it is a nice place to wait for a bus.

1 Like

Please can you work your magic on Victoria?

I will assist with the demolition if necessary

2 Likes

The owner of Victoria has been wanting to redevelop it for years, so has just left it to fall apart a bit.

It’s a listed building now, too, so their dreams of demolishing it and sticking a residential tower there are unlikely to bear fruit.

Just saw a bus go past!

1 Like

The listed building people are idiots

had to get two buses to the station because my mate lives in the middle of nowhere. woo, buses!

They used to use some of these on the longer routes here like Belfast to Derry but not anymore.

But Belfast now has a thing in the city called the Glider which is styled as if it’s a tram the way it’s all set up, but it’s just a bus. A bus pretending to be a tram. Very strange. Anyway the Glider is bendy.

4 Likes

I’ve seen these… literally just a bus dressed up as a tram :grinning:

2 Likes

Stop hiding the wheels, bus designers!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the kinda thing we’re meant to be getting

1 Like