Business improvement ideas (rolling)

Hairdressers/barbers - allow customers to book either chat or no chat appointments. Then pair them up with an appropriate hairdresser.

Could be a real gamechanger!!

13 Likes

Think if you booked a no chat the barbers might secretly despise you, that would make me uncomfortable. I think barbers with a USP of ’ we are perceptive and can tell if you’re a chatter/non chatter’ and they work on that might be more viable. Would be interested in your thoughts of course this is just an opportunity for sharing ideas

1 Like

Would pay at least an extra 10% for a no-chat appointment.

2 Likes

Had a lovely no chat hair cut this morning. Could tell the hairdresser didnt want to chat either. Really set me up for the day.

1 Like

You can make hairdresser chats 1000% more entertaining by lying about everything.

9 Likes

i’m torn, keeping up the chat often feels like a lot of effort i can’t really be bothered with but at the same time no chat haircuts can feel extremely awkward. i think i favour the ‘some chat at the start but allowed to tail off naturally rather than continuing to force it’ haircut

2 Likes

I’ll probably get called a weirdo by certain DiSsers…but a haircut for me is a nice sensory experience and I don’t like having that punctuated with chat about my weekend plans (which I will then lie about)

1 Like

Asexual computer repair shop.

1 Like

There are open-air laundrettes outside petrol stations near me now.

Always thought there should be more things combined with pubs, like laundrette/pubs, library/pubs, post office/pubs, etc.

1 Like

We’re all wierdos Wonton. We spend large amounts of time chatting with strangers on an old school web forum :slight_smile:

I’m sure library/pub is a thing that happened in a village somewhere.

Ah, we’re not all strangers :slight_smile:

But we are all strange :wink:

1 Like

Yup, quite a few of these. The TV used to work with rural communities and these guys are pretty good at helping keep community pubs open :+1:

https://www.pubisthehub.org.uk

1 Like

That’s not weird, I like having my haircut for the same reason (and going to the dentist’s too)

I decided to inherit male pattern baldness to avoid the chat.

2 Likes

Once had a hairdresser who at the start of the appointment said ‘look I don’t really do chatting so if you don’t mind I’m going to cut your hair in silence’. Best haircut ever.

6 Likes

My previous hairdresser was very low on chat and across the road from my house. But now they’re so busy that I need to book an appointment a few weeks in advance and I’m not up for that level of admin so I go somewhere else.

The new place is marginally chattier but a better quality haircut. I’m still considering this to be a net loss.

A very effective plan and one I’m gently edging into myself.

• Chat
  • No chat
  • Sometimes chat

0 voters