businesses flailing with IT under lockdown

people keep mentioning Zoom recently, no idea what it is

2 Likes

I think so

we use Teams at work, it’s fine. used to use Skype, it was also fine.

more effort on Teams to stalk whether people are online or not though unless you’ve been in a chat with them recently

16 Likes

I’m using:

Slack
Teams
Whatsapp
Zoom
Webex
Outlook
Gmail
Github
Moodle
Phonecalls

1 Like

Zoom zoom zoom zoom
Come join my online room
Etc.

14 Likes

Potw.

It’s the “Etc.” that does it.

Teams is not that great for calls with a large group cause you can’t see everyone. Just had a French class on it and it works ok and the teacher was great but it’s missing the functionality for her to see the whole class at the same time which is a big negative.

The free version of zoom cuts you off at 40 minutes which is kinda annoying, and it also has problematic tracking capabilities.

We use slack intensively anyway - teams is doing us for team calls. Job done :+1:

Our work has set up a ‘water cooler’ zoom channel that stays open all day for people to drop in for a chat

• Good idea, we also have this
  • Good idea, we do not
  • Bad idea, we do have this
  • Bad idea, we do not

0 voters

had my first Zoom meeting about an hour ago - no beef with Zoom but it was the worst meeting I’ve been on for ages, was led by two Americans reading a script the whole time and sounded like an infomercial.

have used Teams once, was fine. Skype’s our main go to, everyone’s still staying voice only on almost all meetings though…

In my experience this provides an excellent opportunity for colleagues to make absolute fools of themselves in a ‘reply all’ manner

2 Likes

Just ate my lunch while speaking to Igor about larping. What a time to be alive

2 Likes

the video of Jennifer taking a shit on a zoom call is

• Fake
  • Real

0 voters

We don’t have this but we’ve got a daily “Tea Club” set up to replicate the bit where me and the boys go for a cup of tea at 1600 every day.

6 Likes

You should call the room ‘Kurt Zoom-a’ because you work for a football management simulator game, Kurt Zouma is a footballer, and zoom is a video conferencing tool

(downloaded the current fm trial and have so far gone unbeaten through preseason with Colchester, just smashed 5 past those Billericay dickheads!)

2 Likes

Have you considered calling it tea clup (a cross between cup and club)?

We use Teams though…

(Also, we’ve extended the free week to be a free fortnight now if you missed that)

We call it “Hydr8”

1 Like

Will that automatically update.

Also how do I see the hexagon for a player without comparing them to another player. Thanks