Buying a house - first steps

No, our wireless thermostat fails to communicate with the boiler to turn it on and off sometimes. So sometimes it’ll heat the house all day while we’re out and sometimes (more annoyingly) it won’t heat it before I get out of bed in the morning.

And you only need to run the wires once.

Are you relying on it hitting a base temp or something?

Shouldn’t be that much of a problem over winter cause I think I make my heating come on if its anything under 20 degrees. Otherwise, I boost all the way baby.

Also where are you putting your thermostat?

Yes I mean something like that.

That switch at the bottom, one is off, one is times and one is on. Just leave all your rads on that you want heat from and take it from there. Push down all the little side switches for what time you want it on if set to timed. They look like a piece of shit but work.

Yes, I know how they work… To turn the boiler on/off.

If its on and I turn the radiator on it will heat that radiator?

And they might work but I don’t want to set it up on a daily basis.

It’s the wireless signal that’s crap. Wires are more reliable.

I ain’t wiring shit!
My wifi is fine tho

1 Like

You don’t want the boiler to be heating the radiators all the time but yeah if the boiler is on and you open the valve on the rad, it’ll heat up the rad.

Yeah also mine doesn’t go through the router. It’s a dedicated wifi unit.

Literally, never had a problem with a wireless control panel in a few different rented places.

1 Like

Yes, if your radiator is on and it is on then it will heat. I think the boiler is always on as it will do hot water on demand, this is just for CH

That’s nice to hear. I have though.

Either set the timer and boiler temperature at the boiler or get a thermostat installed. Those are your two choices.

Bollocks.

He could move again.

2 Likes

true enough

In all seriousness though it is possible to get decentish performance out of central heating even without a separate thermostat, especially in a small to medium home. It just needs some experimenting with how full to open the radiator valves in each room, the times you let the boiler come on and the heating temperature you set at the boiler.

1 Like

Snap.

I got Hive. Problem solved. Fuck fucking about with fucking wires through the fucking house.

Yeah but I’m also the sort of weirdo who turns their router off when they leave the house.

ohwow

4 Likes

:smile:

Oh. Ahm oot. :grin:

1 Like