Buying a house - first steps

For sure. But theres also a reason why they dont include this sort of info in the brochure despite knowing it will appear in a survey

You have more faith in surveyors than I do.

To be more serious, you’ll sell the house to someone who’s got the money to fix the problem, doesn’t mind doing it and still thinks the overall package is worth the money. Not the case for us.

If the seller isn’t in a rush then they can just leave it and wait for someone to meet the price I guess

3 Likes

If the owner doesn’t live in it and prices locally aren’t falling then it’s just a question of how badly they want their money back on it isn’t it.

From picture number one, and given what it appears to have done to that car, I’d be worried that maybe there’s a black hole in one of the cupboards.

Looks like some damp in there on the external walls.

That may just be because they’ve had furniture up against it, but it may be due to a tanking failure. The former is fine; the latter is something I wouldn’t go near.

And as @anon76851889 says, there may be issues with the leasehold or perhaps the service charge.

1 Like

Most likely it’s going to be the length of the lease isn’t it?

Have you seen the home report? It might need loads of work.

My mistake. Says share of freehold.

It says ‘leasehold plus share of freehold,’ so there might still be an issue with it.

1 Like

Get in touch with the estate agent and ask for a copy of the home report which is a surveyor’s report on the condition of the house. You get a list of things that need attention (like an MOT report.)

1 Like

Pretty sure the full roast eater either viewed that flat or another one in there about three years back. He bought in Farnborough in the end.

Think it’s probably this place isn’t it?

Guy on my team who ate pretty much a full roast at his desk.

His place is pretty central in Farnborough which ain’t great. The town centre is grim as fuck. But the cinema is £5 a film for every during.

Used to work with someone who would always bring in a plated up roast on a Monday and stick it in the fridge. At least he didn’t eat it in the office.

It is, and it was. If you drill down through the Zoopla records there you’ll see adverts for flats for sale and rent at that address, although it is a bit confusing. It’s either number 1 or number 2 from looking at it on Google maps. If you view it then look the address up on Zoopla, it might give you some history.

My brother lived around there back in the 90s. Convenient location.

1 Like

I wonder simply every during.

2 Likes

We got it!

14 Likes

Nice one mush!!!