Buying a mattress

As someone with both a Santander account and a need for a new mattress thank you for this info.

Bought a simba mattress a couple of months back, a refurbished one off their eBay site for about £275 (Think it was someone who sent it back after the 100 day trial or whatever they do).

Best mattress I’ve ever slept on. Quite firm but that’s how I like it

It’s not on at the moment but it comes up all the time so keep an eye out. You need to go to the retailer offers on your app and select it as an offer for it to work

My mum has just informed me she gets 40% off Simba mattresses… which is pretty good.

1 Like

Also means you get to recreate the lion King each night. SSSIIIMMMBBAAAA

1 Like

You think I don’t do that already?!

1 Like

Tell me about it, bought one of those pieces of shite memory foams mattresses and woke up covered in sweat. Who can sleep on those things and why are they everywhere?! It’s kinda hard to find a spring mattress now as well

1 Like

hi

1 Like

IKEA do a couple. The big one is very springy.

Sorry, I should have worded that a bit better as if you couldn’t sleep on them they wouldn’t be the main type of mattress now, but it just riles me up as with mattresses you can’t return them so you have to put up with it

No worries, I didn’t take any offence :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I have one from there. Probably about the best place to buy this type

my mattress and bed are both hilariously shit

keep thinking about buying a cheap but new set up

literally no way it could be worse than what I have

It’s worth going to some 2nd hand furniture shops if money is tight, as a 2nd hand frame is fine and some places do sell new mattresses for not a stupid amount of money

I’ve had my mattress since I moved into this flat - so over 10 years. But it still feels comfy and firm etc to me , it’s quite a nice air spring type one

Should I be replacing it because it’s full of my dead skin and mites or is that all bullshit?

it’s the dead skin and mites that are making it so comfortable. if you get a new one you’d have to start all over again.

1 Like

a fleshy patina

8 years is the marketing spiel for a change.

This one.

Except they don’t make it anymore, or they do but they call it something else. So whatever they say their current equivalent is.

anyone got a good recommendation for a firm, innerspring mattress? given this thread is a year old.

Got the Emma one and its fucking shit, returned it