Caaaaaaaaaardiff

Unless they still do doubles and mixers for 99p, I won’t.

I made a list for profk when he went but can’t remember where it was
Once I find it I’ll paste it here

1 Like

I’ve done both - neither are ideal

Majestic:

1 Like

I used to live literally opposite. It was so destructive for my bank balance/balance.

2 Likes

I used to live off Whitchurch Road. There used to be a Bible bookshop that would have a different colour theme in the window every month (good system really: just pull all the green books off the shelves, and so on)

1 Like

As a matter of fact, you could do a decent wee night out on Whitchurch Road nowadays - Society Standard, Got Beef, et al. Or come to Canton, where all the really good stuff is (I jest, I jest. We do have http://www.dustyknuckle.co.uk/ though, ace pizzas).

It’s been 15 years since I’ve lived there so everything’s probably changed. There used to be a nice Thai restaurant there. Oh and a chinese that was just (I think) between the Heath and the crossroads, that sold the nicest chips.

I put on a lot of weight that year.

2 Likes

Wait, did we all used to live down Whitchurch Road or something? I used to live really close to the cat charity shop where they accidentally sold an electricians tool box (what a claim to fame)

2 Likes

Just realised the Hopbunker is the old Barfly and now I feel old.

Also realised I must’ve had more than one night out in Cardiff, but given it’s been about a decade, my points still stand.

1 Like

never been, sorry

Best sub-headline ever. Do you remember Pine Dungeon? For all your… pine… needs.

1 Like

OH YOU WILL BE
maybe

I lived on one of the side-streets off there. Mind you, I lived in pretty much all of the student districts at some point or another.

I will be in Wales or I will be sorry or… BOTH?!

I nearly rented a room off him at one point. Can’t remember much about what it was like but I didn’t take it

Yes, I was down one of the side-streets as well. Seemed to be loads of medical students around given the teaching hospital. Had a few as housemates for a bit.

I’ve posted this a few times before, but there used to be a massage parlour at the top of Crwys Road just near the junction for Whitchurch Road. Someone had stencil-graffitied: “BEALE BLOWS GOATS” on the front and side of it. No idea who Beale is/was.

1 Like

There’s so much odd graffiti - the Sophia Walk/Sophia Can’t Walk/Sophia Can Walk saga is still going on.

1 Like

is that crazy house still there with the anti council writing on? think it was somewhere near splott?