Cabbage - Ending their career before it's begun

It’s rock & roll though isn’t it. It’s big and dumb, and it’s not supposed to be po-faced.

This might be the stupidest thought any human being has ever had about anything

6 Likes

That’s the one

Enjoy Ed Sheerhan at V Festival!

In some contexts, yes.

Not sure context and semantics are the same thing here, but anyway, I tried engaging with the thread but old Theobot shut me down. #NARC

You’ve just tried to justify sexism and out of order sexual behaviour in rock music by using a still from a scene that satirises the fact that people in rock music seem to be clueless about how unacceptable their behaviour can be.

13 Likes

Still a complete fucking bell.

13 Likes

The fuck is this shit?

Why weren’t these two bellends banned for their islamophobic bollocks?

2 Likes

Came in here to post this (and to see why the hell this almost dormant thread suddenly had a load of new replies). It’s the kind of chat I’d expect from my unreconstructed groper of a former boss. Ban for randychops and permaban for the other one.

Well I’ll tell you: CG was suspended for a period and Randy had rolled back by the time I returned from holiday. I did actually ask if people were requesting a banning in the thread but no one answered.

Fuck it. I’ll ban them both in here. Prepare for more rubbish about freedom of speech and jackboots.

ah, I’d stopped checking in on that thread because, y’know, the quality of the posting from the two of them

1 Like

TBH I was sort of interested to find out if Randy watched Spinal Tap thinking it was a documentary or something.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:
(btw what’s a jackboot?)

Yer standard reference to fascism via their favourite footwear (allegedly)

1 Like

thought it would be something to do with computers

3 Likes

Actually a big fan of this in Wikipedia:

The word is commonly used in English as a synonym for totalitarianism, particularly fascism, although jackboots and similar types of footwear have been worn by various British regiments since the 18th century (see Wellington Boot, origins).

from Jackboot - Wikipedia

I mean what is the ‘although’ doing in there? Did we run a huge democratic empire I was completely unaware of? Or maybe I’m alone in feeling it’s implying the British haven’t been symbolic of totalitarianism despite wearing them…Ho hum.

2 Likes

And apparently incapable of learning from experience.

3 Likes