🍰 Cake 🍰

Just the absolute best. We’re talking proper cake here, not cupcakes or muffins or any of that old crap. Give me a victoria sponge or a bit o’ coffee & walnut and I’m a very happy man. Hot chocolate cake with ice cream obviously as well. Reckon I could probably have cake for every meal and be happy enough (maybe just for a day or two though, let’s not go overboard). Cakeday.

8 Likes

Can take it or leave it tbh

1 Like

1 post, sweepstake etc.

3 Likes

S’alright :man_shrugging:t2:

I LOVE CAKE

3 Likes

Me too Witchey, me too.

1 Like

More cake should be vegan. Some of the best cake I’ve ever had just so happened to be vegan. More of that, please.

1 Like

A lovely vanilla sponge with buttercream and jam and more buttercream.

Buttercream.

Maybe an orange cake, or rose or whatever.

Not such a big fan of chocolate cake but ill still hoover it up.

Also here’s my totes contro cake take: buttercream can fuck off. Tastes far too buttery.

1 Like

Do you know what you can fucking keep though? Courgette/beetroot/whatever else cake. Carrot cake is fine but people have got carried away recently. Vegetables and cake should be different things.

1 Like

WOW!!!

1 Like

yeah and not when you’re on holiday! bet it tasted great tho!

1 Like

Don’t really like cake tbh. a very boring food stuff

I’m beginning to think you’re a parody account.

1 Like

Well TKC does stand for That KindoffoodIthinkisoverratedandboring? Cake so you should have known this would be my opinion

5 Likes

Yes, it’s my fault.

I like courgette cakes, moist as fuck.

Never had a beetroot one but cant see why it wouldnt work its like a big sweet.

Not a cake fan, really. Sorry, that’s not really in the spirit.

only really useful as a vessel for buttercream imo. unless it’s got some spices in, like carrot cake or gingerbread

oh, or loads of syrup

I enjoy a bit of cake as an afternoon treat or as a centrepiece for a celebration but I wouldn’t call it a top-tier food. There are too many occasions when I wouldn’t go for cake. It’s too much for breakfast, for example. Don’t want it when I get in from the pub. Overall maybe a 6/10 food, though at the right occasions it’s 10/10 the thing to go for.

Within cakes, victoria sponge and coffee and walnut are the kings for a reason. Otherwise generally enjoy fruity light sponges, like a lemon drizzle or this orange cake.