Calexico

2 Likes

Got this email tonight. Very excited about this news - my all time favourite band:

THE NEW ALBUM AVAILABLE 26.01.2018
PRE-ORDER NOW
Hello everyone,

We have some exciting news to share. This past spring and summer of 2017 the band and I have been busy working on a new album that’s taken us to the Pacific coast of Marin, California and to John’s hometown of El Paso, Texas as well as doing work in Tucson. Today we are excited to announce the release of the new album. It’s titled The Thread That Keeps Us and is set to be released on January 26, 2018.

Calexico - End Of The World With You

The first song we are sharing is called “End of the World with You.” Inspired musically by some of my favorite indie rock bands when growing up in California (such as Pavement, Sebadoh, and The Replacements), the track is sort of a love song set in troubled times. We’ve made a lyric video with aerial footage from our travels from El Paso to Northern California filmed by Craig Schumacher and edited by Jonny Sanders. If you look real close you can see John, Craig and I at the very end waving hello.

You can pre-order the album now from all the normal places here. We are also offering exclusive bundles items via the City Slang webstore

3 Likes

One of the best live bands I’ve seen. Hope there’s a tour!

There is, but only uk dates currently are Bristol & London. Tickets on sale friday.

Always great live, but going to have to pass this time unfortunately: Tours | Casa de Calexico

1 Like

Me too! Right at the front for ATP Pavement was so good.
Tempted by the Bristol date but I’ve not been overly enamoured by their latest stuff unfortunately.

I live in Bristol so that’s alright with me!

er, I mean that it’s alright that I can go and see them on my doorstep, not that it’s alright that you’ll miss them, obviously…

1 Like

I wish they’d come up to Scotland. Looking forward to the new LP.

Yeah, looks like more of a European tour than a UK one currently. Hopefully they’ll be back later in the year for more dates.

1 Like

Totally missed this news, thanks for sharing !

I have to say this sentence is a dream come true

Fun thing, trying to sound like his favorite indie rock bands, I think he somehow gets closer to Wilco

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not totally bowled over by this first song yet, but new Calexico is always welcome and bringing some 90s indie rock into it could be fun. Hopefully it’ll be a bit more than Garden Ruin Pt II

2 Likes

Streaming:

1 Like

I’m resisting the urge to sneak a listen before the 26th Jan release date.

That second song they spoilered was good though - stronger than the first. Lots of nice layers and textures.

Can’t make the Royal Festival Concert on Saturday with Iron & Wine so selling my ticket at face value if anyone is interested Twickets: Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Resale?

SEAT
REAR STALLS, Row: CC, Seat: SEAT 3

They’ve done a Christmas/holiday album

4 Likes

Pleased to see they’ve got Nick Urata involved with this. I think DeVotchKa are criminally underrated.

1 Like

Oh god. I love Calexico but I’ma think I’ll pass.

Yeah, as a Calexico fanboy I’ll still buy it, but not exactly enthused by that cover choice :grimacing:

Was hoping the festive record would be more along the lines of their previous seasonal effort:

1 Like