Calm down

Has anyone ever calmed down after being told to calm down?

3 Likes

Yeah, I have

3 Likes

Just did. Cheers.

1 Like

I donā€™t believe you.

I didnā€™t say it was directly after

1 Like

God, I hate posts like this. Sorry for making it.

YOU fucking calm down, fucko

3 Likes

Also appreciate being told to ā€œcheer upā€ when Iā€™m sad. That always helps

4 Likes

What about being told to calm down when youā€™re sad, and cheer up when youā€™re angry?

Iā€™ve got a good Calm Down story.

At a kids party with my 6 year old last year, the venue was a trampolining place. Some 11 / 12 year olds were getting very physical quite near to our group of little ones, basically fighting each other. So one of our lot (a dad) asked them to calm down a bit, very politely as we are all decent types. The mother of one of the older kids took exception to this and massively kicked off telling our ā€˜Dadā€™ how dare he tell her kids off (he didnā€™t) and basically screaming and shouting in his face. He also told her to calm down, this didnā€™t help either but eventually she relented and that was it. Or so we thought. Cut to 45 mins later and we are in the party room with 15 or so 6 yr olds having party food. I clock the angry mum out of the window approaching at speed with her rather large bodybuilder husband. Shit I think, is it really gonna kick off at a kids birthday party ? In marches the husband and asks our hero Dad outside for ā€˜a wordā€™ thankfully thatā€™s all it was, just a word. In fact the big chap seemed a bit embarrassed his wife had phoned him and dragged him down there just for what was essentially a nothing situation. Phew.

4 Likes

Find itā€™s a real trigger for some people. Proper rocket fuel.

5 Likes

I appreciate that less.

see above

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

1 Like

Alright! Calm down, m8! Jeezā€¦

1 Like

I AM CALM! Iā€™VE NEVER BEEN MORE CALM IN MY LIFE PAL!!!1!

Ever calmed up?

Yes, once.

1 Like

I am one of those people

2 Likes