Calm down

Has anyone ever calmed down after being told to calm down?

3 Likes

Yeah, I have

3 Likes

Just did. Cheers.

1 Like

I don’t believe you.

I didn’t say it was directly after

1 Like

God, I hate posts like this. Sorry for making it.

I’ve always found the best way to get someone to calm down when they are extremely angry is to tell them to “calm down”

1 Like

YOU fucking calm down, fucko

3 Likes

Also appreciate being told to “cheer up” when I’m sad. That always helps

4 Likes

What about being told to calm down when you’re sad, and cheer up when you’re angry?

I’ve got a good Calm Down story.

At a kids party with my 6 year old last year, the venue was a trampolining place. Some 11 / 12 year olds were getting very physical quite near to our group of little ones, basically fighting each other. So one of our lot (a dad) asked them to calm down a bit, very politely as we are all decent types. The mother of one of the older kids took exception to this and massively kicked off telling our ‘Dad’ how dare he tell her kids off (he didn’t) and basically screaming and shouting in his face. He also told her to calm down, this didn’t help either but eventually she relented and that was it. Or so we thought. Cut to 45 mins later and we are in the party room with 15 or so 6 yr olds having party food. I clock the angry mum out of the window approaching at speed with her rather large bodybuilder husband. Shit I think, is it really gonna kick off at a kids birthday party ? In marches the husband and asks our hero Dad outside for ‘a word’ thankfully that’s all it was, just a word. In fact the big chap seemed a bit embarrassed his wife had phoned him and dragged him down there just for what was essentially a nothing situation. Phew.

4 Likes

Find it’s a real trigger for some people. Proper rocket fuel.

5 Likes

I appreciate that less.

see above

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

1 Like

Alright! Calm down, m8! Jeez…

1 Like

I AM CALM! I’VE NEVER BEEN MORE CALM IN MY LIFE PAL!!!1!

Ever calmed up?

Yes, once.

1 Like