Calm down

:wave: fucking hate it.

1 Like

calm down mate

What word was it??

really depends who is saying it and in what context

I was not party to the conversation. I’m a wuzz so was using several children as a human shield in case of attack.

4 Likes

Generally, do you think you are…?

• Totally chilled and laid back
  • Pretty damn stressy
  • Medium

0 voters

Like Bam said it depends on the context but it is one of the few things that sets me off. It’s delegitimising someone’s argument and telling them that they’re being irrational, therefore implying that the person saying ‘calm down’ is right or more valid etc. Also when said to women plays on the ‘hysterical’ stereotypes and is massively sexist. Thanks for listening everyone!

3 Likes

It is good to me when someone says “calm down” in an uncalm manner and then the person that they’re versus says “I AM calm” also in an uncalm manner

1 Like

yeah I get it. Mine was obvs for comedy purposes above. But the situation we were in at the trampoline park was nuts. The woman was bang out of order and a bit scary to be honest !

1 Like

I’M ENTITLED TO FIND YOU IRRITATING

1 Like

When I used to have to eject people from the pub they’d say ‘calm down’ all angry and my stock response, calm as the day is long was “calm? I’m fucking Buddha pal, BYE!”

if you ever go to a yoga class they basically tell you to calm down

usually works

1 Like

2 Likes

People have told me in the past that I am calm and laid back in a crisis

But I’m not really, I just hide it well

Or the crisis in question was one I didn’t really give a shit about

People have mistaken a placid exterior for calmness but I am actually a tightly wound ball of rage.

“Smile love! Might never happen!”.

1 Like

now this one really fucks me off. replace the love with mate and I am going to unleash on you for saying that to me. Grrrr.

What a bitch ass ho.

1 Like