Can all the tech nerds get in here

When is Bluetooth getting replaced by something that works

8 Likes

Iā€™m confused.

Are you announcing this is happening or are you just venting because you canā€™t get your Bluetooth to work?

Oh god yes.

So sick of being out on a ride and my headphones stuttering in and out

Never have a problem with it, can only assume this is a bunch of iPhone users being iPhone usery

4 Likes

got no problems here, chief, except that sometimes when I come home while listening to music my phone will connect to the radio and start playing music before Iā€™m even in the house and that spooks out my partner.

[adopts Andy Townsend voice]

ā€œIf anything heā€™s bluetoothed it a little too wellā€

3 Likes

Donā€™t ever associate me with that mob again

1 Like

Used to have a lot of issues connecting as did my wife but weā€™ve discovered if we suck up the small battery drain from having Bluetooth on 24x7 that connection is very good.

I very occasionally have a stutter effect on my earbuds but our speakers use some special high level Bluetooth and sometimes it seems to be really stuttery and messed up and I have to reboot my phone to clear it up.

• Iā€™m an android/Windows/whatever wanker and my Bluetooth is FINE
  • Iā€™m an Apple wanker and my Bluetooth is FINE
  • Iā€™m an android/Windows/whatever wanker and I have SOME problems with Bluetooth
  • Iā€™m an Apple wanker and I have SOME problems with Bluetooth
  • Iā€™m an android/Windows/whatever wanker and my bluetooth is FUCKED
  • Iā€™m an Apple wanker and my bluetooth is FUCKED
  • Not on votebook m9

0 voters

Apple wanker here. I think most of my bluetooth issues are with the other devices rather than my iPhone.

How can it be that laborious to pair something? How hasnā€™t it changed in two decades? Get it gone, bring back wires

3 Likes

For ā€˜someā€™ problems read ā€˜occasional specific problem with one deviceā€™

Donā€™t get me started on wires, the tangly breaking pricks

3 Likes

Do you turn your bluetooth off on your phone?

If I have previously connected a device it reconnects whenever I turn it on. (This is annoying if I have two devices on at once.)

POLL 2:

• Tangly breaking pricks that stop working for NO REASON
  • Occasionally fucked Bluetooth headphones that are mostly cool and magic

0 voters

Iā€™m not biased your bias

Yeah it remembers devices, I just think it seems like an oddly old school process, doesnā€™t work consistently or at least as consistently as every day tech should. Iā€™m just surprised there isnā€™t a better way.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think there must be other factors. I definitely used to have a lot more trouble with my older phones. It all seems to have settled down for me now.

I do have a wanker Garmin watch and before that another cheap android, which latch on via bluetooth constantly so maybe that somehow ā€˜warmsā€™ the connection routine?

1 Like

My issue is removing the 3.5mm jack entirely. I will never not be team ā€œgive me a fucking jackā€.

2 Likes

My wife bought Air Pods and if she so much as touches them theyā€™ll steal my Spotify and it takes a minute or two to sort it out. Itā€™s very annoying, but at least it led to her getting Sheets of Easterā€™ed the other day.

6 Likes

I rang Jeff Bezos and he said no.

1 Like