Can everyone please clean their washing machine filters when they get home (now if you already are)

Thank you for this tip.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Good to know the thread has delivered something of use :+1:

I live to give.

And please make sure all the fluff is cleared out of the tumble dryer. This is actually really important as is a big cause of fires.

5 Likes

My machine makes me do this (happening as we speak!)

Lovely bit of H&S there

2 Likes

i donā€™t have a washing machine, i do my laundry in the softly chuckling brook behind my house

No worries M9. Almost makes up for that absolute clusterfuck of an OP.

Almostā€¦

1 Like

Please ensure that the lint build up in the gravel bed is not affecting grayling stocks.

1 Like

Pretty clean

Tumbler dryer is a state though

Mine looks like this and that entire thing was just a bundle of lint, yo.

Should be at the front bottom somewhere. Google your machine though and donā€™t be a Noah and drain first.

Teachers pet

Wtf I didnā€™t know about this I thought u were referring to the mesh thing, I have never cleaned anything that looks like that!!!

This is a good reminder, thanks! My soap drawer game is pretty strong, but Iā€™ve had to run extra drainage cycles on a couple ignored loads recently and I think itā€™s filter cleaning time. Thereā€™s a load in right now but Iā€™ll give it a go in a bit and report back!

I did mine last week, thanks for the reminder though. I have also banned my TV from using ā€˜colour catcher sheetsā€™ as they are a) prone to finding their way into the filter and b) bullshit.

softener + sports clothing do not mix well so I havenā€™t used it for about 4 years now

I use white vinegar

Not on Facebook etc.

My filters at the back of the washing machine so I literally have to disconnect the water supply to clean it :expressionless: Iā€™ve done it before it was a real pain