Can I shave my head?

Bam did you do this with clippers or a razor?

1 Like

Hi Oscar!

1 Like

Did we say bald jokes are ok? Canā€™t rememberā€¦

1 Like

Looks like a razor job to me unless the lights a bit funny. Fully in favour, every head shaver should do it at least once just for that delightfully weird smooth skin head feel, although I should warn you if you think of doing it as a favour to the staff at a hospital who are going to do an eeg on you then they wonā€™t thank you because a little hair helps the stickers apparently.

1 Like

clippers!

2 Likes

give me your hair please

1 Like

Gonna be going for a 1 or 2 cut at some point now my hair is long enough to donate (40 cm+).

3 Likes

do it! Itā€™s surprising how quickly youā€™ll get used to it and how much nicer and easier your life will be

2 Likes

Bam howā€™s it been for you so far? Excited for you to be experiencing this

Lifeā€™s just better really; the air feels crisper on my head, I donā€™t get my hair tangled up in my headphones or have to spend ages washing it, I feel less like Iā€™m trying to be cool etc. Itā€™s a win!

4 Likes

Itā€™s a really good season to try it out tbf

Downsides you might find are:

If it rains you have no hair to stopper it

If itā€™s cold, itā€™s cold

1 Like

it rained on my head today actually!

Itā€™s growing back already and I cba to shave it all the time so it might be a short-lived blessing

1 Like

maybe you should cut your own hair
cos that can be so funnyyyy
itā€™s doesnā€™t cost any money
and it always grows back
hair grows even after your dead

words of wisdom from ms. spektor

1 Like

Iā€™ve cut my own hair since I was 18. Canā€™t comprehend the nuisance of going to a barber or haircutessen

i have my head shaved these days but i go to a barber to get that sweet, sweet skin fade. tried doing the back of my own head with clippers once and it did not go well at all

1 Like

Iā€™m lucky that I donā€™t know what this is that Iā€™m missing out on here

just starting with no hair around your ears and fading up to some hair on the top, basically.

that sounds complex, definitely wonā€™t be attempting it

1 Like

One thing we might want to warn Bammers about though is the sun.

Get sunscreen and a hat for this time of year - itā€™s very easy to get burnt if youā€™re not careful, especially as your skin can be a little tender immediately after shaving as well.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve had periods of self clipped crops at points in the past. Feels good. Have enjoyed growing the mop again but aye, maintenance.