Can people stop using 'legitimately' all the time

Great thanks

4 Likes

Literal this

Iā€™m here for this.

4 Likes

Hearing a bit of people using ostensibly instead of obviously lately, because theyā€™re clued up enough to know saying obviously all the time makes you sound daft, but too daft to know they donā€™t mean the same thing, and saying obviously is redundant most of the time anyway.

I hope nobody minds me using this thread as a home for my own word usage irks

3 Likes

Jamie Redknapp in Super Sunday last week - ā€œHeā€™s legitimately had him for breakfast there, Jeffā€.

1 Like

This is the same guy who said the young Michael Owen was literally a greyhound, though.

1 Like

been listening to legal testimony from a high profile murder trial recently (donā€™t ask) and one of the lawyers keeps saying ā€˜nucularā€™ instead of nuclear and the JUDGE keeps asking people to be more ā€˜pacificā€™. these are professional law-talking guys and itā€™s doing my absolute nut in.

I could but I donā€™t want to pick on individuals.

People using legitimately is life. I cant even.

2 Likes

donā€™t care

legitimately donā€™t care

1 Like

aggpass said people using legitimately is life and he couldnā€™t even and i was here for it

1 Like

Thereā€™s a couple of jokes or references in this thread I donā€™t understand.

We need to talk about how Chrissy Tiegggthingy won the internet again when aggpass said people using legitimately is life and he couldnā€™t even and i was here for it. A thread /1

1 Like

:clap:That :clap: moment :clap: when :clap: legitimately :clap: is :clap: life :clap: and :clap: we :clap: could :clap: not :clap: even :clap:

1 Like

But how else will ordinary working people express their legitimate concerns?

no.

Legitimate examples of words used in my year 13sā€™ a level English essays:

Confliction
Societal
Blatantly
Impactful

There were more but Iā€™ve legitimately tried to wipe them from my mind