Can someone else make the evening thread?

How about checking out my mates’ band? O Emperor are probably my favourite Irish band of the past few years.

Not really sure what to do with myself this evening, tbqfh.

1 Like

damn, that must have felt good.

Rope are top, extra points for being from Bridgend too.

Aye! I’ve started a ‘bullet journal’ to try stop myself procrastinating bullshit tasks, gonna see how that goes. Very jealous of that Friday plan you have there

Oh, I need to email a recruiter back with an excuse about why I don’t want a formal interview for this job that’s better than “I was never interested in the first place and was just being nosy and this has escalated further than I thought haha”

I rescued a classical acoustic guitar abandoned by the bins earlier. Just going to eat pasta, think about my life and probably give the guitar a good clean. Only two strings on it but that’s tomorrow’s job I suppose. Might spoil it to some posh ones, it’ll scrub up nicely.

1 Like

Wednesday:
Drink wine
Brag about it on DiS

5 Likes

literally have nothing to do in life right now, can’t even find a computer game to be arsed about.

Yeah, when they turned me down I was 4 months out of my PhD and unemployed so I was really desperate, so it was a kick in the teeth, especially as they were quite blunt about it. Second time round I said something like ‘thank you for the offer but I would like to show loyalty to the company who showed faith to hire me’. Which I hoped was enough of a burn without burning future bridges.

1 Like

I’ll teach you Netrunner. You can be my padawan. We’ll literally be the two coolest people alive.

I might have posted him before, but have you listened to Rivulets? I think you might like his stuff:

Yeah, picked up doing that from my housemate. Gets shit done. I tend to leave the list right beside my bedroom door each night so I have to look at it before I leave in the morning.

Fuck man, I cannot wait for it. Haven’t seen Girl Band in over a year, going with a massive gang of people AND I get to meet @Lo-Pan!

Actually, @Icarus-Smicarus, are you going?

1 Like

Tease

1 Like

i’m 1min into a netrunner explanation video and… diamond spade death

This must be what being a woman on a dating site is like. Except with slightly fewer unsolicited dick pics.

cool! what’s a good album to start with?

hello everyone. looking forward to posting in the evening thread when somebody makes it

3 Likes

same

His latest full album, I Remember Everything, is very good, as is You Are My Home, from about 10 years ago.