Can someone help me with a cool query about connecting a projector to a sound systems

Looking to buy a projector and sound bar. Looking at the specs and don’t know if I’ll be able to connect them up easily/optimally.

Projector outputs:

Soundbar inputs:

Looks like I’ll def be able to hook it up with some combo of mini jack to RCA or whatever, but I don’t know what a digital coaxial cable or digital optical cable are or whether they will plug into this projector.

Can any of you super cool tech dudes help a friend during the pandemic?

xx

I thought projectors didn’t do sound, just the video from a source, e.g. your laptop.

you were wrong mate

Surely you’d plug whatever you’re putting through the projector into the soundbar, rather than the projector itself?

For example, if you’re projecting a ps4, plug the hdmi into the projector and the audio cable into the soundbar, so that the ps4 outputs video to the projector and audio to the soundbar

1 Like

Oh right yeah. So mini jack to RCA wil have to do then I guess

Need to plug the USB-C through the coaxial snog release valve, then use a CMYK port set to 1118 to synchronise the wattage (about 4/kg) past the firewall.

3 Likes

Enhance!

4 Likes

What is it you are projecting?

Films and tv

1 Like

Sorry, I meant more what are you projecting from, laptop, sky box etc?

Laptop

Ah right. Yeah, mini jack to rca will probably do you then

A position of privilege!!!

3 Likes

You’re fine with the “Good” solution as long as you’re not an intolerable tech nerd. Almost all digital film screenings I have ever rigged have used the former. And yes, sound goes directly from source to sound plank, not via projector (some projectors do play a little sound but no-one uses that as it’s shit).

1 Like

:grinning:

1 Like

you’re history’s greatest monster

1 Like

guys, smee thought you plugged the sound into the projector! ha ha!

1 Like

Love pissing off tech guys tbf

1 Like

Was thinking while Doing research for these purchases that there’s few things id like to be an expert in less than audio visual technology.

1 Like

Yeah @eems you total fucking idiot. You should learn to listen to me