Can someone help me with a cool query about connecting a projector to a sound systems

:grinning:

1 Like

This post aged well.

2 Likes

Yeah but it gave us this

2 Likes

I hope you get it all sorted and enjoy some great TV/film/computer games anyway, mate

It’s mainly for the kids tbh. Rearranging the spare room as a disco / cinema / soft play room so we’ve got an extra room for them in lockdown.

1 Like

See my projector does indeed have sound and it is indeed crap but I haven’t done anything about it but given I am going to be home A LOT I want to invest. I assume it’s straight forward to connect the audio to a bluetooth speaker from my laptop for example? I know nothing about this, sorry.

I would still not use the sound from the projector, but rather the source (ie. your laptop).

1 Like

HTH

1 Like

Sorry to drag this up again but when the source is my Blu Ray player (below) which only has LAN and HMDI - can a LAN connection be used for audio?

Doubt it, I’ve never come across such a solution anyway. Just HDMI would work for a TV connection (carrying both audio and video) but here the video is going one place (projector) and audio somewhere else (sound plank) so that won’t work. You might be able to find some sort of adapter that could split the two from he HDMI output but I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Or try to get the audio from the projector, depending om what outputs it has, but normally that doesn’t work great

Yeah I did that last night and it was bobbins which lead to me asking. Cheers!

1 Like

Nope, I went into a google rabbit hole and looks like this is a common problem with Epsom projectors. So time for an upgrade, I think.

1 Like

I’d just buy one of these for 21 quid and add in a cheap 2nd HDMI cable if you need one. Looks like it’ll give you the audio to plug in something else and the video for your projector?

(Note that is just the first one I came across - it’s a pain to google for the UK because of my Aus location, so there may be cheaper but I like how sturdy that one looks, tbh.)

Edit: the thumbnail is for the slightly cheaper one but that only outputs (it looks like) audio as optical. The £20.99 one definitely seems to have a standard audio jack.

Yeah this was the first thing I tried, didn’t work.

Oh shit. Yeah that is pure bullshit then :frowning: Sorry.