Can’t wait for December-March

I’m gonna eat so many calcots.

1 Like

Calçot is a type of green onion known as calçot in the Catalan language. The calçot from Valls is a registered EU Protected Geographical Indication. Calçots are milder and less bulbous than onions and have a length of between 15 and 25 cm and a diameter of 1.7 to 2.5 cm at the root.

Put the romesco sauce on ice

Romesco is a tomato-based sauce that originated from Valls, Tarragona, Catalonia. The fishermen in this area made this sauce to be eaten with fish. It is typically made from any mixture of roasted tomatoes and garlic, toasted almonds, pine nuts, and/or hazelnuts, olive or sunflower oil, and nyora peppers.

whats a nyora peppers?

The nora chile is a fat round chile in the bell pepper family. It has a glossy wrinkled flesh that is dark red to near black. The heat of the chile is very mild. It has a rich sweet flavor with an earthy taste.

Not much what’s a Nyora with you?!

3 Likes

mes que un calcot

I remember when there was a footballer called Stacey Caldicort. Don’t think I’ve ever come across a male Stacey before or since.

you??? i can’t wait to not be the laughing stock of the world when we finally dump the trump in a few weeks. tune in, the end of this realityshow presidency should be a hoot.

Went to big ol’ Sainos down Calcot earlier. You know? the old Savacentre one. Had a right lovely time looking at the larger range of items available in store.