Can we have a positivity thread?

I already posted this in the cat thread but here’s a better picture of ‘Jess’

34 Likes

Paprika is a superb name tbf tbh. I’d be tempted Turmeric and Paprika.

1 Like

I think the boy will do most of the naming unfortunately…

1 Like

Wrote a short story that I’m almost a little bit proud of this morning.
Spending some good times with the kids laughing a lot, these days are the best.
Taking myself off to Marlow for a few hours tomorrow and then first football match in nearly a fortnight.

2 Likes

Just the fear of moving in with a five year old boy.

3 Likes

DiS rainy day fund just saved my skin, you guys are genuinely the best.

Got my power back in my flat after a fire, and now hopefully it won’t spontaneously combust again.

Going to see someone really special in a few hours

Loving the warm wind (maybe not the wind itself but the warmness of it is pretty ace) No jacket required.

27 Likes

It’s nice when people offer you work, isn’t it?

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Jess is just too cute. My heart just exploded.

1 Like

I’m at Tiny Rebel brewery getting spritzed on lovely beer, I’m going out to eat a steak the size of my face later (and I have a massive face) and I’ll get back to the pub in time for some boxing. This is some top level Saturdaying.

Also finished the artwork for my next droney nonsense release yesterday. These are decent times.

3 Likes

On my way to see the ultimate ATDs :blush: whilst listening to Dire Straits and eating Percy pigs. Yes.

3 Likes

been making music and writing stuff; might actually finish a short story for once (and do have an album that is just one me-stopping-being-lazy-and-bothering-to-make-the-very-finishing-touches away from being finished)

other stuff as well, Autumn is coming, seeing Low in January

4 Likes

oh, and messaged with friends about future meet-ups, which has alleviated my stir-craziness (mainly just talked to family and work colleagues in about the last month or so, which is obviously fine, but I miss general hanging out kinda stuff)

man, Maltesers are underrated (as in they’re a confectionery that, more than other chocolate things, is vastly improved by refrigeration). Want some Maltesers now

4 Likes

7 Likes

The big worry I had last week is no-one would be interested in speaking to me for no particular reason. All I’ve done is put my linked in profile as “looking for work” and I’ve had a heap of people get in touch. Need to start sifting though though.

1 Like

There will be many more reindeer over the next few months, then you can move onto the bunnies.

1 Like

Not at work until Monday

• holiday until Friday, woooooo
  • drinking in a pub that wanted me to run the bar. Glad I didn’t take it up.
  • my baby is amazing
9 Likes

This is contentious - Giant Buttons or the Caramel version are the GOAT fridge chocolate (:goat: :chocolate_bar:) for me.

1 Like

I can’t identify with this, but I’ve spent the last seven years or so in the weird situation of temp or part time contracts where I know they want to offer more work and I know I could go elsewhere if I wanted.

I hope it works out for you!

1 Like