Can we have a separate thread dedicated to talking about how shit Jonathan Pie is?

fuck off, Jonathan Pie. fucking shithouse political videos for twats.

sorry, it’s late and I’ve got nothing more articulate today.

Should I open another bottle of wine?

I’m going to bed, lopes. got footy in the morning, as much as I’d love to share a bottle and chat.

feel free to say your piece and I’ll be back to respond when I’m done sulking after losing tomorrow morning, probably.

You mean that video that was next in queue of japes’ YouTube post?

I quite like him : /

After 9:00 when he spills his coffee

that’s really fucking funny

I don’t know, punky, not sure. it’s the one that’s been shared like, 7 million times in a few days.

basically amounts to a fucking straw man attempted take down of “the left” over Brexit and Trump, a straw man attack on political correctness, too. a fucking whiney libertarian co-opting of otherwise legitimate concerns regarding the disenfranchised. takes it and turns it into some shitty privilege apologist thing, really.

like, it’s the same kind of vitriol that comes from my ‘friends’ when I actually try and discuss privilege, racism, etc, and they just bluntly refuse to engage with anything I say. and act like I’m the problem just because things they’re saying aren’t borne out by facts and shit.

unfunny shit for twats, aye

Mr Pie, what a guy

The night is aged and crinkly like a rice paper pensioner. In the aftermath of a raucous Westminster elite media shindig, a TV COMMISSIONER proles the streets. His mind is elevated to a higher plane from the wealth of cocaine he’s shouted up himself. He breaks into the domicile of ROSCOE and MARLON.

TV COMMISSIONER: any ideas man I’ll commission em see

MARLON: well, I happen to have a few comedy characters inspired by Jonathan Pie I wouldn’t mind doing on telly

ROSCOE: I never knew you were an artistic soul

MARLON: I just want to get these ideas out of my head and into the world so when people dig for them I don’t bleed to death

TV COMMISSIONER: Pie eh stats sound like they might be good oh boy have a blank cheque and get filming oh man I don’t want to be fired because of the YouTubers

ROSCOE: could I assist in this project?

MARLON: can I, commissioning spectre, involve my composite friend in this project?

The TV COMMISSIONER is preoccupied with calling a stray cat outside a Zionist shill

ROSCOE: I think he’s fine with it

To be continue

ROSCOE and MARLON are filming outside. for the first of their television pilots!!! It is day now

MARLON: so here’s my first character. he’s a greengrocer but this quirk he has, this quirk, is that he shouts his political opinions

ROSCOE: do I agree with these opinions?

MARLON: they’re the kind opinions you definitely want to be seen to agree with else someone will call you an idiot

ROSCOE: not arsed m8 I’m Rollin Rollin rollin Rollin c’mon

MARLON: (in character)IM A GREENGROCER!!! WE NEED TO BLOODY STOP WITH ALL THE POLICIES! TOO BLOODY MANY!!! JUST GO THROUGH THE POLICIES AND CHUCK OUT THE SHIT ONES! PUT EM IN THE BIN??? DONT THROW THEM MR. BLAIR! SSOMEOE MIGHT GET HURT?? WHY CANT YOU JUST BLOODY WALK UP AND PUT THINGS NICELY DOWN IN THE BIN!!!THE CULTURE OF

Saw multiple people on my FB posting his latest video, watched it, and wondered what they were thinking. It’s dreadful, and anyone who says Bernie Sanders would definitely have won the election is talking bollocks.

In part three, ROSCOE and MARLON are about to film their final pilot. They have done all kinds of characters who work jobs like beekeeper, astronaut and civil rights lawyer yelling their political views. For this last one though, ROSCOE finds himself with a penneth to chippeth in the direction of inwardly.

ROSCOE: a terrorist who yells his political opinions in the middle of the street? hmmmmmmmm I am not so sure

MARLON: I am open to criticism

ROSCOE: I just think that you’ve been saying ‘IM A (PROFESSION)’ at the start of all these and maybe we should exploit the medium of visual storytelling and have you SHOW NOT TELL you are a terrorist. just a general idea I literally just had for some reason right now

MARLON: I like yr thinking

They go to B and M bargains and buy a bomb vest then go back to the street to film

ROSCOE: OK Marlon. Lights camera and actions

MARLON: ITS HIGH TIME WE LOOKED AT REFORMING THE ECONOMY!!! I MEAN WHY CANT WE BLOODY USE A MORE MODERN WORD FOR IT LIKE… MONEYZ SQUAD!!! THE SQUAD GOAL CAN BEBTO MAKE A GOOD POUND EVERYONE CAN ENJOY??? AND ON THA NOTE…

as ROSCOE is watching his friend bedecksd in a bomb vest and yelling emphatically in the street, and sees police in the distance viewing the scene with suspicion, he realises the mistake he has made

ROSCOE: Marlon! we must cease!

MARLON: what’s wrong pal? I value yr input

ROSCOE: well I saw police over there and realised you’re in a ruddy bomb vest in the middle of the street shouting… and I thought… blind people. We’re showing not telling but what about people who cannot see? We’re excluding a whole audience for our comedy. You should STILL yell your profession as well as having the costume. For the sake of all those blind people oit there

MARLON is visibly moved and they begin to shoot again

MARLON: (triumphantly) I AM A TEEERRRORRRIIIIIIISSSSSTTTTTT

they are immediately arrested

Agreed. He’s not funny, and he’s not particularly insightful either.

Baffling how many people keep sharing his videos.

Literally never heard of him.

I think he makes a couple of reasonable points, but he says this stuff as if no one else has thought of them and doesn’t really offer any solution that isn’t just wishful thinking

^^^

so shit

can’t stand James O’Brien’s inevitable daily sigh-fest either

Wierdest thing was when we got big his videos were done by Russia Today, the Russian State owned TV channel. Everyone was sharing and retweeting Russia Today.

Bizarre.