can you apply a percentage to a range? FUN

Been sent something from work and I don’t understand it - basically it’s some stuff about pay bands

It’s all stuff about why happens with raises and stuff depending where you sit in the pay band - but then I don’t understand how it’s been worked out

It’s basially

You are in range A: salary between £100 and £200

If you are in the 80 - 90% range of the band this happens
If you are in the 90 - 100% range of the band this happens
If you are in the 100 - 110% range of the band this happens

I don’t understand what 100% is? Is it £200 (the top of the range?) - so is 0% £100?

I don’t get it!
:flushed:

with a username like that, I’m a bit surprised at this thread tbh

9 Likes

What a load of utter shite.

8 Likes

Happy Friday!

#CommunityPoop

1 Like

I’m full of surprises!

I might just be getting confused as the bottom of the band seems to be saying it’s 80% - 90% of the salary range - but then it’s like, that’s not the bottom is it? Quite obviously - the bottom would be like 0 - 25% wouldn’t it?

I want a range life

6 Likes

That’s the way I’d interpret it. What I don’t understand the 100%-110% bit. 110% would take you higher that £200 therefore you aren’t in range A so that information is irrelevant

Some people are on legacy salaries from before the pay bands were introduced - so they can actually be on more money (I think)

you can do what you want man, don’t let anyone hold you back

I don’t know what you are talking about and don’t know if this is even relevant but just want to put it on record that I think percentage pay increases are absolute bullshit.

3 Likes

:+1::+1::+1: :dollar:

Oh, is it that for the real salary amounts that you’ve substituted for £100 and £200, the bottom of the range is 80% of the top of the range? So if £200 is the top of the range the bottom of the range is £160?

The range is tge difference between the min and max of the band, you can apply a percentage to that

not got anything to add just enjoying the chat

2 Likes

So the bottom of the range is 0% and the top is 100% ?

That’s what I would assume - but then the letter I have starts with

‘If you are in the 80 - 90% range of the band this happens’

Which is what I don’t really get, as what has happened to the 0 - 80% bit

:upside_down_face:

I feel like I being a big thick?

Oh and I’M the sarcastic one around here… Jeez

No 200 is the top - 100 is the bottom

And then it goes -

‘if you are in the bottom of the range (80% - 90%) then this happens’

And my brain just can’t get on with 80% - 90% being the bottom

Has it just been really badly written?

Maybe they know no one is bellow 80% of the range so they just didn’t bother

They are tho!

Ok - it’s good to know I’m not being totally stupid - I think they have fucked it up somewhere (will email hr on Monday)

Have a great evening EVERYONE!

1 Like