Cannot believe I'm posting this, but Lil Yachty...

I also got the impression that he really fucking hates Pink Floyd and takes any reference their work as a deep personal insult.

1 Like

I mean, those are definitely some opinions.

1 Like

Thats an incredible article!!

It is all way too celebratory for a musician that made progressive-seeming rap for secret simpletons

I mean, i have no opinion on the music of Mac Millar but what an awful thing to say

4 Likes

White rappers getting overly rated/celebrated just for being white - bad

Calling someone a simpleton just cos of the music they like - also bad

Mac is actively good also? And well respected by other rappers? And isn’t just some meme rapper? Weird

6 Likes

All else aside, the album art being AI Generated is a complete tragedy. It looks like utter shit

4 Likes

Yeah they didn’t spend long on that did they

2 Likes

I love it - isn’t the AI fakeness the point?

I kind of don’t mind them, but they’re so rooted in the moment that they’re clearly going to age like milk

hah yeah and kaleidescope dream (my fav miguel) is over 10 years old now.

2 Likes

I, for one, am looking forward to the Lil Yachty Is Giving Psych Rock The Kick Up The Arse It Needs article that’s surely on its way

6 Likes

Once I found out it was psych rock, this was my sincere take. I always like the sound of Tame Impala etc but the vocals don’t really connect with me.

Think the whole record is AI generated tbh

1 Like

ahh shit, what a tune

I don’t have a good memory for that time because of mh stuff, but this one cut through better than most

absolute travesty it didn’t place 1st, it just feels like a record will be talking/coming back to far longer than the todd bonzalez orchestra making up the rest of the list

7 Likes

To be fair, this January has been one of the quietest months for new releases that I can remember

1 Like

just had a first run through of this album, and bloody hell- you weren’t kidding. it’s phenomenal

11 Likes

I think there might be too much autotune on this for me. :-/

That’s still a major turn-off for me.

5 Likes

Lil Boat > Nuthin 2 Prove > Lil Boat 2 > Summer Songs 2 > Teenage Emotions > Lil Boat 3 > Michigan Boy Boat

surely another reference point
rihanna ‘same ol mistake’

I dont care how revolutionary this album is. The sings are just super well put together and composed. Its so easy for music like this to meander but this never really does ots always changing up and has hooks and melody and its all tied together really well

8 Likes