Can't edit thread titles anymore

Hi I seem to have lost the ability to edit thread titles. Have the powers that go with being a ‘regular’ level user changed? Going to make doing long vote threads or rolling threads much more annoying tbh.

This is on my agenda for today. I haven’t made any changes myself, so will be looking into it. :+1:

3 Likes

Quite funny that this is the one it ends up on

2 Likes

think it got taken away from everyone didn’t it? because if you have the ability then you can edit others peoples’ threads as well and some are uncomfortable with it.

remember there was some chat with @kermitwormit about it

That was a different thing, I think kermit had leader status which meant you could actually edit posts.

Way, way back lots of people had regular status, which includes title but not post editing, and that got scrapped, but then was reintroduced a bit when sean started giving people lounge access for recurring donations.

Title editing seems to have disappeared for regular level without that level being changed though. Shame because it is quite useful in some cases (for me that was when I did more film club admin, and when I’m doing raffle stuff)

4 Likes

Nah I was just able to edit titles not posts and it disappeared on Tuesday night just as I was changing one of mine.

ahh. maybe sean’s been pressing buttons again then.

2 Likes

This^ it’s useful for people to be able to quickly move threads to the SSP board on occasion and on a less important level making sure Radiohead and Festival threads are correctly located, for audit’s sake.

5 Likes

Also helping the wandering thread make its way home.

Not seen that poor cheeky little thread in a while, I miss it.

1 Like

Haven’t been able to find anything in the settings so far, but admittedly have only looked from my phone. Will check more thoroughly from my laptop later.

1 Like

Woah, never realised you could do that.

3 Likes

That’s because you couldn’t. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

WHY NOT!!!

Is this because fullerov made me a mod once and I upset klaire by deleting a post about pubes cos that was like FIFTEEN YEARS AGO

:joy::joy::joy:

@safetywink

2 Likes

For the good of the country

3 Likes

Glad to be an irritant :kissing_heart:

Nahh it’s about trust levels and whatnot.

Well when it comes to me I fully understand the lack of it :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Just imagine if you’d had that ability in your Coke Street Team days

2 Likes

Have you raised a thread on the Meta Discourse forum? Worth it if not.

(Remember they really hate when people call them threads rather than topics so use topic :roll_eyes:)