Capsule Hotels

Ever stayed in one? I did for the first time until yesterday in #Japan and didn’t know how they worked.

On entry, first I had to change my shoes for slippers as you do in Japan. Then I had to pick out some of the generic brown pyjamas you have to wear in the hotel (wtf I know rite!?). Then I had a tiny locker to store my stuff in which was way too small and 5 floors away from my capsule. Was very inconvenient and I kept forgetting things and then having to catch the lift down to get them. Look all I’m saying is that they are overly complicated and I found them stressful.

This is what the pyjamas looked like. I felt like I was in a low security prison.

5 Likes

Bit worried about farting myself to death in one.

1 Like

Was adequately air conditioned but the SNORING!

1 Like

Show me your sleeping quarters

Stayed in a couple, absolutely loved having to wear pyjamas designed for a 5’5" 8 stone man.

Did feel a bit ‘coffiny’ which didn’t lead to a cracking night’s sleep.

How’s Japan? Where are you at the minute?

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s just a hostel, isn’t it

2 Likes

True, a lot of overlap, especially when I stayed in a capsule hostel in Hiroshima which was similar but with fewer rules.

Thanks

1 Like

real strong prison vibes all round then

1 Like

Back in NL now. The lack of privacy in Tokyo drove me to breaking point. Spent so long just spraying water up my arse for some me-time.

1 Like

Aren’t the toilets WONDERFUL? I’d have eaten dinner off my own arse it was that clean

1 Like

Revolutionary, I feel like I’ve been living in a cave all of these years and don’t know if I can go back to my paper ways again

1 Like

Looks hellish

Enjoy your hypersleep on your long space voyage

3 Likes

I don’t want to derail the thread too much (i do) but I’ve always been a champion of only pooing when you can have a shower afterwards, unless circumstances happen anyway. Japan just reinforced this belief. Feel free to make reference to my squeaky clean anus whenever you’d like.

going to be very handy for when we devise a way to farm energy from human slaves

1 Like

I’ve made a new thread for this tangent, it’s too big for the walls of this capsule

1 Like

This is why I love you

1 Like

wish you were doing the finger point but with that hairdryer, tbh