Car / Driving thread (rolling) πŸš—πŸ›£οΈπŸš¦β›½πŸš—

Safe driver, dreadful manouevre-er.

Confident that I’m very attentive and switched on when driving, very rarely make mistakes, never speed or jump lights. Good gap leaver, good roundabout indicator. But I am awful at parralel and reverse bay parking and will avoid a tight manoeuvre if at all possible. Gave myself a 6

You sound like a solid 7, maybe even an 8. Don’t undersell yourself

I get twinges after a drive to somewhere like Cornwall or Wales, but not if I just pop over to Lewes or something like that. I’ve not done a massive drive like that since I’ve had a car with cruise control though, so maybe I’d be fine now.

1 Like

I’ve now done more driving in Spain than I have on the UK mainland.

Quite like driving in Spain tbh. Over here, less so.

nearly 30 posts and no one has told you you are destroying the planet. Result !

I get a clicky left knee quite often whilst driving. That’s all I’ve got.

3 Likes

Places I’ve driven ranked by how pleasant they were to drive in:

1. Barbados
  2. Canada
  3. Spain
  4. Everywhere I’ve driven in America except California
  5. The UK
  6. Italy
  7. California

My darling partner says that I’m a good driver, but she also finds me sexually attractive so you have to assume that her judgment is flawed.

The word security (presumably accidentally) dropped in there has really done me.

1 Like

My phone was refusing to type the naughty word.

1 Like

I drove along a toll road yesterday (3.40 euro) which included something like 10 viaducts? It was deserted, and the scenery was incredible.

What are roads like in Barbados?

safe driver (never been in an accident, leave good gaps, good judgement and awareness, give cyclists lots of space), good at maneuvers (sheffield house was on a tight dead-end road so had to get really good at parallel parking and 3-point turns), always reverse into a parking space, probably drive a touch too quick. 8/10

Oh yeah because of the topography I am shit hot at hill starts and clutch control

1 Like

Yeah picking up/dropping off teammates in crookes and walkey was always good fun, especially in my old clapped out Renault Clio.

1 Like
  • Own
  • Lease - Personal
  • Lease - Business
  • Finance - HCP
  • Finance - Normal

0 voters

• less than 1ltr
  • 1.0 - 1.4
  • 1.5 - 1.9
  • 2.0 - 2.4
  • 2.5 - 2.9
  • 3+ ltr

0 voters

Colour

• Red
  • Black
  • White
  • Blue
  • Green
  • Grey
  • Yellow
  • Orange
  • Pink
  • Brown
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

Nearly had an accident on Saturday. Switching into the left hand lane on the North Circ. Didn’t check my blind spot did I. Luckily managed to duck out of the maneuver just in time. Sake.

Drinking japanese rice wine while driving is very irresponsible.

2 Likes

If something goes do you have any idea what it’s likely to cost (our starter motor went on Friday)

• Yes
  • No, but I know someone who does
  • No, I Google it when I get a quote
  • No, I almost certainly get fleeced by mechanics

0 voters

• Petrol
  • Diesel
  • Hybrid
  • Plug-in Hybrid
  • Electric

0 voters