Car/Driving thread

The bus will probably take about 200% longer though, won’t it?
I’d rather pay more than have to sit on a bus as well, then be at the bus at a certain time than leave when I want. The only thing that’d make me take public transport is if it’s more expensive with petrol AND parking - finding parking is a nightmare.

You have a gadget for everything pasta measuring, navigation, whatever will you think of next an automanised tooth brush?

train would be about 100 sniffs. can’t afford such luxuries anymore

I remember the days of a £28 return from Plymouth to London. no more than 5 years ago. sigh

Good luck! I hardly had any busy town on my test, I got loads of country roads and massive roundabouts.

bus takes 5 hrs. not too bad at all, really

I’ve managed to get some quite decent Advance tickets down to Devon before - usually about £25 each way. Maybe it’s different depending on where you end up.

1 Like

Put off learning to drive for a long time. Eventually passed when I was 24. I still prefer to walk or take public transport but I work quite out of the way and my natural laziness wins out.

I do not measure pasta. I am a glutton.

What kind of car do you have?

• Microcar
  • Hatchback
  • City car
  • Estate
  • Coupe
  • Convertible
  • SUV
  • MPV
  • Van
  • Lorry

0 voters

I drive into norf London for some penoid stuff sometimes rather than taking the train. It’s quicker door to door, cheaper, more convenient, and I hate the planet and everyone on it, so there’s literally no downside.

2 Likes

Quite like driving now, despite taking, erm, 12 years (on and off) to pass my test at 30 years young.

:red_car:

Anyone seen a Renault Twizy in real life?

There’s one that’s always parked in a street by my house, it’s so small it can bay park into a street parking (where you’d usually parallel park). It’s very ugly.

Yeah, but it was in Germany so doesn’t count.

Love driving on a dry, sunny day. Window’s down, blasting Lil Jon and over-revving at a green light.

I love old Renault Twingos you get in Europe - look like Noddy cars. The Twingos here are shit.

I believe the advice is now 9 and 3, so you don’t get yer wrists snapped when your airbag goes off.

I’m cool, so I usually have my right hand somewhere around 5 o clock and the other resting on the armrest.

1 Like

The Thinly Veiled’s sister gets to drive one at work. It was an upgrade from having to ride the office bike (LOL) around.

@Epimer can we not be like the cyclists mentioning cycling stuff in every thread.

What’s worse?

• not indicating at roundabouts
  • shitty parking
  • flashing you to turn right across a two-lane road when you can’t see the other lane
  • roadworks
  • braking before indicating
  • driving right up behind you

0 voters

No contest.

Roadworks are a necessary evil.

The others should all be punishable by death.