Car Seat Headrest

Wonder if they have dropped the mask thing yet?

Nope :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Weightlifters still one of the best album openers of this year. What a tune

3 Likes

Make good music again

safety wink, mutes thread, throws phone in river

4 Likes

Such a jabroni!

5 Likes

Actually it reminds me of the latest Sleater Kinney record - there are plenty of enjoyable moments where you remember what made them special in the past but mixed in with guff that brought you crashing out of the moment.

1 Like

It’s an enjoyable album and a reasonably good album…it’s just not a good car seat headrest album. Go back a few albums and you will see why people were disappointed by it.

I’ll definitely go back and listen to their older albums later. But think I’ll listen to this one for a while first, just for maximum contrast!

1 Like

This is still my favourite track from the new album. The nonsense of 4 different versions of the album was annoying.

2 Likes

Initially I could not get over Hollywood and binned the album off for months, but have revisited and revised my opinion.
Removing Hollywood from this album turns it from a 6/10 to 8/10 record imo.
Not top tier CSH, but an interesting pivot. Would hope he follows it up reasonably quickly.

1 Like

Only peeve I have with MADLO is that the chorus of Deadlines (hostile) is a bit weak. Wish the guitar hit harder or the melody had a bit more to it. Oh and also the multiple releases is a bit annoying because I like the digital version and want to own it. Other than that, really love it - Hollywood is great fun, the silly dubstep stuff in Hymn and Deadlines (thoughtful) somehow works, I even like the throwaway acoustic one by the other guy as a little interlude. Plus of course the highs of Can’t Cool Me Down and Must Be More Than Blood.

2 Likes

The album has its relatively good moments, but it’s a massive, massive disappointment and I reckon it pretty much confirmed my suspicions that he’s been suffering from writer’s block since Teens of Denial. Hope he can get back on track, but it’s not the one for me at all.

2 Likes

Brilliant version imo

1 Like

Will has produced and plays instruments on this album by Naked Days. It’s really good.

3 Likes

Thanks, really enjoying it. Quite different to his own stuff, but you can notice his involvement.

1 Like

Enjoying this as well. ‘Bus Ride’ is an absolute tune.

2 Likes

I think I had a dream last night that was just me listening to ‘Twin Fantasy 1’ on headphones

1 Like

heard this on BBC6 for the first time this week and I’m addicted

3 Likes

I have heard a few songs of theirs (Hippie Powers, Beach Life-in Death) but the chorus for this one chills my bones!

2 Likes

Only one I’ve got into really

“You stopped with the daft mask thing yet”

“No”

1 Like