Islington Tennis Centre
This website’s favourite football team will play their first game of the year against our good friends and alumni of the School of Journalism in Cardiff. And as everyone’s New Year resolutions include being more sporty and being more social, why not combine the two and play for the legendary Drowned In Sound FC? We are the most fun team in the country after all.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- changing rooms with shower and toilet facilities are available
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 11:30 AM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 12 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- standard FA rules with rolling subs
- all skill levels and genders are welcome
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 7 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Please sign up below if you want to take part. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.