Islington Tennis Centre
We played this friendly bunch of alumni from the Cardiff School for Journalism way back in March. They beat us 4 - 1, but that included a controversial opener and a goal that should have been disallowed. This time we’re gonna smash them: newyddiadurwyr, bod ofn iawn.
In other international friendly news, matches against old friends To Madeira and new friends Brewdog have also been arranged and confirmed. See below for more details.
And finally, I have penciled in our end-of-year party for Thursday 15 December. Please complain promptly if this is causing you problems.
As always with international friendlies, we’ll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- changing rooms and toilet facilities situation t.b.c.
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 11:30 AM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 12 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 16 October: reds v blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 30 October: DiS v Brewdog (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Saturday 26 November: DiS v To Madeira (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 4 December: reds v blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Thursday 15 December: Annual Awards Night (7:30 PM, location t.b.c.)