Care to boast about any recent magnanimous acts?

I just saved a wasps life. After getting stung by a wasp on Sunday. Quite possibly the very same wasp.

3 Likes

i had the vegan almond ones recently, they were alright

3 Likes

You reckon the wasp’s next victim will find that magnanimous?

The magnanimous thing to do is kill as many wasps as you can imo

2 Likes

No one wants to hear about all the magnanimous things I’ve done recently, so I’ll duck out of this one, I think.

2 Likes

magnanimous

Magmanimous; to generously supply those less fortunate than yourself with lava.

Matt Damon

Didn’t join the Fantasy Premier League money league to let someone else win.

Gave bet 365 £20 last weekend

Funded loads of athletes at the olympics through losing scratch cards

1 Like

think these are all generous but not sure if any are magnanimous

Olympic athletes, bookies and DiSers are my rivals

NOT A BRAGGING POST BUT A POST ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS EXCRUCIATING

An old friend who I literally haven’t spoken to or seen for at least a decade posted a fundraiser for his girlfriend’s dog who needed cancer surgery. I donated and ticked what I thought was the ‘make me anonymous’ tickbox but what turned out to be a ‘don’t make me anonymous’ tickbox so has to send a really excruciating message being like “Hey, I know we’ve drifted apart and haven’t seen each other for years and I literally have no idea who the person is who’s dog it is but I just wanted to call out that I thought I was anonymous and wasn’t and didn’t want to look like some weirdo but also I know that, in and of itself messaging you about it looks like calling attention to it etc”

My skin is crawling thinking about it

1 Like

I think you can let yourself off here mate no harm has been done and I’m sure they won’t interpret anything how you fear they have

1 Like

Wagnanimous

Aye, it’s fine it’s not like he was gonna be “what the fuck do you think you’re playing at?” or anything but it’s kind of like accidentally liking a stranger’s photo or something but multiplied by one hundred

and now you’re boasting about your generosity here too

3 Likes

nah I think accidentally liking a photo is worse than this

2 Likes

The dog will really appreciate it, who cares if its owner thinks you’re a bit of a fanny.

1 Like

Just spoken to the dog, it thinks it’s a bit weird

3 Likes

Was having a chat with some female friends about this kind of thing recently and it turns out that the accidental like on an old facebook photo of them on a beach or something is pretty common :grimacing: :face_vomiting:

That’s a lie, safebruv. I hope you’re suitably ashamed.