Cartoons you loved as a kid

I liked all the big toy line cartoons (He-man, transformers, Mask, Thundercats etc), as well as the long-running serials mentioned above (Cities of Gold, Willy Fog).

Others that I liked were the Cosgrove Hall ones like Dangermouse, Duckula, Victor & Hugo. There were other British ones that you probably didn’t get in the US like Rhubarb & Custard, Henry’s Cat and Superted.

Oh, and also that European one about the human body. ‘Life’ I think it was called.

Edit: it was called ‘once upon a time: life’

5 Likes

Loved the Life cartoon! Always reminded me of the Numbskulls in the Beano…the idea of little people organising every in your body is excellent isn’t it?

Holy fucking trippiness this cartoon.

The Jetsons was pretty good.

1 Like
5 Likes

Sh
Sh
Sh
Shoe people. Doop be doop be doop be doo.

6 Likes

Wow. Magical. Very Watership Down esque this. Great theme, never heard of.

1 Like

I was a huge sucker for anything that had a wider story or overarching goal. So stuff like Ulysses 31, Pirates of Dark Water, Bravestar maybe (?). Stuff like that.

Also anthropomorphised animals is always a winner.

1 Like

Wow, look at these fun characters! Cool.

Oh man I’ve never heard of Ulysses 31 but I would have been so into this as a kid.

2 Likes

U-LESS-SEAAAASS

1 Like

One of the inspirations behind Lee&Herring’s ‘Organ Gang’, if I recall correctly

2 Likes

Great theme song

1 Like
10 Likes

Holy shit fantastic, dark and ominous until Jamie’s mom puts him to bed and then it’s party time!

1 Like
8 Likes

Bernard Sumner worked on this when he was a tracer for Cosgrove Hall/Stop Frame.

Which reminds me that John Squire worked on Duckula as well when he was at Cosgrove Hall.

2 Likes

WOW, fantastic another dark and ominous start and then a joyous REO Speedwagon jamboree, fantastic!

5 Likes

Cc @Berrrk

2 Likes