Cash

somebody from school used to post on Facebook about their boyfriend and they’d always refer to him by his surname and it Pissed Me Off. “CASH”

Still use cash for most things tbh.

Last time I went to France (2 years ago) people were still using cheques in the local supermarket.

1 Like

When I want to ensure I come home on time from a night out

Chippy
Small independent cafés
Wedding bars, if they’re a tent in a field jobby and they can’t guarantee the card machine will work

Thank that’s it.

Still use cash for most things, legacy of not having any money for the last six years, having to account for everything I spend, and how easy it is to just tappa-tappa-tappa with contactless.

Also just really hate that thing where they instinctively thrust a card reader at you, and take some delight in handing a £10er back over. Because I’m deeply tragic.

5 Likes

Chippy
Barbers
Bookies occasionally
Certain pubs

When’s “that’s card” going to take off?

Or even “that’s so phone” now that some people are moving purely onto Android and Apple pay

2 Likes

Need a quid for the trolley when I do the big shop, never have one.

1 Like

The practical solution there is to just carry around seven baskets instead.

Had £20 sitting in my wallet for 2 weeks without being touched because I keep tapping my phone before I even realise what I’ve done. Muscle memory maaaan …

Get one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Shopping-Trolley-Keyring-Stocking/dp/B005G2TSZ0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?adgrpid=54834129073&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyLDpBRCxARIsAEENsrJ7mBdiJOlXwLuos0N2eXqfrBLyYn85ksHiFvkcEgaZXIxfh4Y2k_IaAmhGEALw_wcB&hvadid=259082453163&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9044959&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=484223939136630449&hvtargid=aud-615477028278%3Akwd-314558024065&hydadcr=18509_1725390&keywords=pound+coin+keyring&qid=1563183930&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Use cash in the pub. Also for tips in restaurants but then it is a nightmare when I forget to take any shrapnel with me. Never can be sure if serving staff will ever see it when I pay by card.

Ban request

I used it when going to charity shops. Would be stunned if they took card.

Oh, had to use it in one of the record shops I go to at the weekend. They’d taken their card reader out of service for some odd reason.

No you.

I need an even number of baskets to help balance my carrying pole

1 Like

I’m making this a thing, mark my words

1 Like

Chip shop
Chinese takeaway
Purchases of less than a quid in the canteen and shop at work.

1 Like

Most of the ones in the UK do, but then they are basically highly efficient and ruthless businesses posing as cuddly little grassroots organisations.

4 Likes