Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

So our kittens are going to be getting their balls cut off soon :cat: and then we are going to start letting them out.

Any advice?

We put some collars with bells on them last night just to try and get them used to it. They went nuts for a bit now they seem to accepted it.

1 Like

Collars with bells = good idea. Less dead birds stinking up the joint.

Our cat is an utter weirdo, even by cat standards. Manages to get out of every single collar we buy her. Still love her though.

16 Likes

Ours stays in the yard (he can’t get out because he’s rubbish at climbing or jumping).

25 Likes

I have no advice but am happy to hear that you’re not going to be one of those indoor cats people. They’re the worst.

(or they live on a main road, or have an FIV cat, or a breed that shouldn’t go outside)

2 Likes

or they’re concerned about declining wildlife

Not in MY cat thread. Please.

3 Likes

Main road is fine but probably shouldn’t have got a cat.
Don’t know what the second one is.
I’m still to form an opinion on the 3rd one.

Ah, didn’t see it the first time. Standing down.

Soz.

My cat constantly escaped from his collar so now we don’t bother.

A catflap is pretty handy though you might have to clear up a victim now and again.

It’s cat aids or a video game.

Smear local honey on their paws.

1 Like

Do you have a cat flap?

Keep that shit to PMs please

1 Like

Not yet. We’re about to get an extension done so the back door that’s there is going to be gone at some point.

So “about to start letting them out” was just a nice way of saying you’re getting rid of your back door.

(or something about having workies round to smash your back doors in)

2 Likes

Nah, thought we’d just open the door for them.

She is a beautiful cat. Freaks me out sometimes when she comes home after a fight with a neighbourhood cat with blood and the other cat’s fur all over her. I’m like “How can such a beautiful creature be so vicious?”. She’s like “I’m a cat yo.”

I’m not sure I’ve seen a picture of your cat DB!

1 Like

Let them out and when they start to walk off make the sound if whatever it is that makes them excited in the gaff. Keep bringing them back to you with the noise so they know what the back of the house looks like. You’ll be reet.

2 Likes

any of these cats come within shitting distance of my drive and I’m gonna fuck em up.