Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

Poor kitties. :crying_cat_face:

Back in Sheffield now and could really do with a cat cuddle, Maya rarely let me sleep alone when I was home.

Looking fluffy af atm

9 Likes

your cat is beautiful

yeah he’s pretty fit.

13 Likes

After long discussions about whether we needed one, whether we could afford it, the pros and cons etc, we finally decided to take the plunge and get a Lazercat installed in the living room.

17 Likes

We have that same ikea unit and boxes. The cats have sussed how to pull out the boxes and go to sleep.

2 Likes

Sooty is transfixed watching some birds on a nature program on TV.

8 Likes

the fluff situation is totally out of hand.

He’s basically a big ball of fur with a face at this point.

As Valentine’s Day is approaching, thought I would post this. My card to the other half last year.

If I were 4, I would be proud of my skills. I am 41 and pretty chuffed with myself.

15 Likes

Ha! Totally going to pull some soppy shit like that this year.

I seem to have two house cats by default. They have no interest in going out. They like sitting in the doorway with the door open LOOKING outside. Think it’s just the cold?

Viktor, for all his fur doesn’t really like the cold. He is supposed to be Siberian! I might ask to see his birth certificate.

You didn’t ask for them but here are some disgusting cat anecdotes for you, in order of increasing nausea.

When we moved house several years ago, the cats seemed to mostly take it well. Then one night I had this weird dream where my legs got really hot. Woke up and found the cat had pissed all over them in my sleep, mattress ended up being thrown away.

Next door neighbours got this unbearably cute kitten. We went round to meet it, and passed it round like a cute little rag doll. Decided to put it up against my face to see what it felt like, whereupon it decided (perhaps reasonably) to do a massive liquid shit down my cheek and neck.

Ted, our cat who made it to 20, got this huge lump on his cheek, which turned out to be an abscess. Took him to the vet who decided it need to be lanced and drained. I had to hold Ted while the vet lanced it and then tried to squeeze out the puss. The abscess soon exploded, spraying incredible quantities of stinking green puss up my face and clothes. The smell was like nothing I’ve ever smelt before or since, it was all I could do not to just ralph all over the cat in self-defense. Makes me shudder to think of it even now. Cat was fine though, didn’t seem to mind any of it.

4 Likes

A low quality photos of Carmens Toothies post nose scratch

3 Likes

Her old cat once did a liquid fart in my mum’s face. Still recounts it regularly as the most disgusting thing that’s ever happened to her.

When I was younger, my parents cat at the time was a really fluffy black cat. One day we were in the living room and noticed the cat was starting the drag herself along the carpet.

We soon realised that’d she had got some poo matted in her furr and was trying to clean it off using the carpet.

On the day we got our current two cats, I bought them home and left them in their basket sleeping while I quickly went to make a cup of tea, and came back to find both cats and woke up liquid shitting everywhere, while they were just walking about, this was literally 10 minutes of having them.

great album cover there

8 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I really should use it.