Cat Thread šŸˆ (rolling) (Part 1)

Bah forget it

TOO MUCH

4 Likes

Does anyone have a water fountain thing for their cat? Cleo wasnā€™t drinking enough water so I bought one to try and encourage her to drink more but she is NOT interested. I didnā€™t really have a strategy for getting her used to it etc so I might have fucked it already - but does anyone have good experience of using one?

(My family laughed at how spoiled my cat is that I bought her a water fountain. Theyā€™re probably right)

Where is her water bowl now?

Princess would refuse to drink water out of the water bowl next to her food (they can sometimes be picky about it being near the food) so I had a second water bowl in the living room that sheā€™d use. She then alternates between them! Also try different bowl types like sometimes they donā€™t like plastic or metal, I use glass.

2 Likes

What makes you think sheā€™s not drinking enough water?

My cat seems to get all the water she wants through her food and isnā€™t interested in anything else. If your cat has wet food you could try mixing a bit of water with that.

I think they donā€™t like water fresh out of the tap and they donā€™t like it to be near where they eat. When my cat was on dry food and did use to drink water, it would always be the stalest, mingingest water she could find, like puddles.

1 Like

Iā€™m working from homeā€¦ making sure Oscar keeps out of troubleā€¦ he must be asleep

:eyes:

Yeah :laughing:

32 Likes

His beans

3 Likes

I LOVE HIM

3 Likes

Youā€™ve taken the cat thread to a whole new level.

Sorry to everyone elseā€™s cats, but come on. :heart:

7 Likes

13 Likes

She has one bowl in the same room as her food (but at the other end) and she did have a second water bowl in the living room, but the vet said that cats are often interested in running water and that makes them drink more (hence the fountain). She isnā€™t super fussed between ceramic and metal - she uses them a bit - just not enough!

How often does she pee?
if sheā€™s eating wet food then I think they get hydration from that a bit and they shouldnā€™t be seen to be gulping down water as that means they can have an issue with their kidneys.

You can tell if sheā€™s dehydrated by pinching the skin on the back of her neck up and if it stays up, sheā€™s dehydrated but if it pings back, sheā€™s good.

Was wondering about the water thing - canā€™t really work out if snoopy drinks from her bowl, but sheā€™s a fiend for drinking out of our glasses and I often find her in the bath or sink drinking standing water from the plug etc. Totally grim but she seems fine?

Yeah we have one, works really well - cat will only drink moving water, so without the fountain only goes for water straight out of the tap (what a dick).

Donā€™t have any suggestions

Fucking HELL this is just far too much cuteness to handle.

2 Likes

Love Scribbles a lot and lockdown will be a lot more tolerable with him. Wake up every morning and think ā€œgod, heā€™s classā€.

31 Likes

What a cutie

1 Like

Your cat is too cute. It has to be illegal.

2 Likes

I cant handle him. Heā€™s a cartoon.

1 Like

Scribbles is also ludicrous. Just utterly incomprehensible that anything this cute can be real.

4 Likes