Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

I’m more of a lurker of this thread even though I’ve got a couple of fluffy idiots of my own that probably warrant more exposure on here. But I had to post this morning to say how sorry I am to hear this @ynot

I’m so glad you got all the extra time with the little lad and he had a really decent few months being spoiled and cared for. Hope you and Sooty are doing OK.

8 Likes

Back home with my brother. He’s gotten meaty for winter.

image image I love when he pretends to be sad

23 Likes

Lovely words. x

That was my biggest fear, that he’d be outside, alone in the rain. But i know he went with us in peace.

Really strange him not being here. I keep expecting him to pop in. Sooty is very down in tbe dumps, he’s clearly missing him. So glad I’m off work this week, as it would have been horrible leaving him. Even so, i doubt I could have gone to work today anyway.

I’m going back to the vets now to pick up his basket and pay the bill. We’re going to get his ashes back and get a nice urn. I thought about scattering him, but he was such a homely cat it feels wrong. Picked a lovely photo frame on amazon too.

3 Likes

11 Likes

I have terrible ennui darling

17 Likes

As we always buy a cat calender for the kitchen, I’m going to get a personalised one from photobox (only £6.99) as a way to remember Gizmo. With some photos of Sooty too.

Found these two photos from the day we got them. :heart:

20 Likes

I reckon DiS could make a really nice cat calender with the cats from this thread. :heart:

7 Likes

The food is going to these guys.

6 Likes

@ynot

I am so, so sorry to hear about Gizmo. I’ve been following his story on here. His ups and downs with his diagnosis and then the awful news. I am thinking of you and you have my deepest sympathy.

As you say, it could have been much, much worse were you not there. But the fact you were there to help him at the end is so important. It’s awful for you now and will be awful for quite some time, but slowly gets better.

Things you are doing like a photo and urn really helped us. We picked a spot in the garden for Ellie’s urn where we talk to her, and have a photo in the bedroom too. Gone but never forgotten.

I’ve mentioned this before (maybe on here) but I’ve seen family die, and also said goodbye to cat friends. And whilst I am not directly equating human and cat life (my mum would laugh and roll her eyes god rest her her soul) I can say without doubt that grief is grief. These little fur bags are our family. I don’t know what I would do without them.

I will raise a glass to Gizmo tonight.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ve had my share of family deaths due to cancer and I know cats aren’t comparable. But there’s still a huge void. I’ve had a number of cats since childhood but Gizmo seemed different to the rest, very daft, very loving and always wanted to be around you.

I’m fine, although I get a little emotional by little things, like the bin men just turned up and he’d hide in the wardrobe and now I’d be normally coaxing him out for his meds.

Sooty is very clingy, which is unlike him.

2 Likes

Ohh let’s do that next year to raise funds for the hardship fund! We can do 1 cat and 1 dog one (the cat one will obvs be wayyyyy better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

9 Likes

Brilliant idea.

4 Likes

When my mum lost one of her pair last year the other became incredibly clingy. My mum kept referring to her as “my shadow”.

1 Like

or a collage :confused:

1 Like

Yeah lots of amazing cats to contend with! Some pages of the calendar could have multiple cat pics on.

1 Like

With photobox you can have multiple photos to one month.

Only problem about starting in the new year is that January cat(s) won’t get much time.

we could have a theme for each month for instance for april we could have some cats wearing jaunty bonnets or in august they could be wearing sunglasses, little santa hats for christmas, etc

4 Likes

I’ll take any excuse to dress up my cat

3 Likes

Ah ok. Yes I was thinking 2020.

i put a little bow tie on his collar for my gf’s birthday :laughing: wish i still had some snaps of it to share but they were on my old phone

1 Like