Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

Discipline
DSC_0546

21 Likes

We used to spray Winnie when she swiped at us but stopped cos we felt too mean :person_frowning:

Rare affection

18 Likes

I tricked Tanuki out of his heated cat bed, as it was in dire need of a wash, and he is absolutely furious. I’m buying him a second bed so we don’t go through this again.

4 Likes

Dude, I don’t want to alarm you but I think there’s something wrong with your cat.

3 Likes

I’ve got the same phone as you I can confirm the phone does not recognise Sooty as a dog. No matter how much he acts like one.

1 Like

Try him on catnip.

1 Like

13 Likes

Met this chonker today. So immense, photo doesn’t do him justice.

37 Likes

What a beast!

So rotund and majestic. When he walked, there was some sagging.

5 Likes

I love the dainty placement of his little foots.

6 Likes

Hollie [dog] is also now a cat

6 Likes

Chonk in action. Thought he might be ill with that hanging down but maybe it’s all chonk.

18 Likes

Loose skin like that is common with fixed cats. Even otherwise slender ones.

1 Like

Good to know that. I wasn’t sure if I was just calling him fat when he was ill.

1 Like

This is Smudge. I always told people that the loose skin was a sign of virility, ignoring them when they tried to question his actual tom-cat status. (He was fixed, of course.)

(He followed me home over eleven years ago and never left. He was put to sleep in 2017, as his cancer was spreading and I was barely scraping by. He was a good cat, in his own Smudge-y way, and I miss him.)

23 Likes

I’m glad Smudge was looked after, he looks like he was a character (that eye mask!), plus he marked you out as his.

2 Likes

Poor smudge.

Look at those claws on his back paws!

1 Like

Smudge had pretty obviously been abused before finding me; he would lean in for a gentle cheek rub and then his eyes would dilate from fear, he’d go all jabbetwocky, then run away and hide for hours. Poor fellow! The day I woke up from a nap with him cuddled next to me and purring was a day of great rejoicing.

He didn’t really like my other two cats (the feeling being heartily mutual)and I had to step in a lot to stop his bullying, but he never actually hurt them and I couldn’t bring myself to give him to a shelter. He was with me for ten years. During his last hour, I gave him lots of pets and told him comforting lies, like, “You were always my favourite” and “I loved you best”.

I wish I could have done more for him but I did do my best and I didn’t let him suffer. He was loved and cared for and I do miss him.

23 Likes