Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

That is adorable!

1 Like

I LOVE HER!
Awww I am so happy for you :hugs:

Where are you adopting her from? We found Winnie at Cats Protection. They did a home visit, then invited us to the cattery about a week later. We looked around, saw a few cats. I always wanted a ginge but the one we had been told about had other people coming to see him later too.
Winnie was in with her two kittens (who were 4 yrs old and were to go as a pair) The Tom was really friendly. They had been at CP for a month.
Winnie was sat in her basket, not looking as pretty as she does now as her neck had been shaved to give her injections and not being friendly at all. In fact, she had a right strop on. She only allowed a light pet on the forehead. She was not happy. Something screamed at me that she needed to get out of there and we had to take her home. They let us take her right there and then! She miaowed the whole car journey. I was so worried we’d made a mistake, as I did not consider taking her back to be an option. I hadn’t fallen in love with her, I just knew she needed to get out of the cattery. I am so so so glad I had that weird impulse.
She’s my sweet, darling princess and I love her with all my heart :black_heart:

13 Likes

Oh yeah, also they said they would do a follow up visit to see how she was getting on. They called after she’d been with us about a week but that was it, no visit! I guess they must just struggle with not enough volunteers/time/resources to follow up on every cat.

Moar Weasel

20190522_193556

20 Likes

what a beauty

1 Like

Just look at that sleek and handsome boi!

2 Likes
5 Likes

Compare him to this about a year ago…

2 Likes

:laughing:
Chonky!

2 Likes

He’s also such a softy

18 Likes

Cats who love belly rubs = best cats.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Awww so nice! I live in Stockholm so got her from a local cat home (when I say local it’s fucking miles away omg)

We originally went to view this guy

He was beautiful but utterly petrified to the point of it being a ‘project’ to take him home and I don’t think it would have been fair to him. Hope he gets a good home too.

Cleo stole our hearts in seconds. I love her and I can’t wait til she’s home. I think the cat home volunteers thought we were totally mad because we were so excited, but that’s only a good thing right?

13 Likes

That’s absolutely a good thing! You should definitely be excited, you’re bringing home a fluffy new family member :hugs::heart:
Also, scared kitty is beautiful. I hope someone with a lot of time, patience and a quiet house meets him soon and takes him to his forever home :pray:

4 Likes

Wait is that the same cat??

I saw this cat at the Barbara Hepworth museum earlier, and I thought it was a sculpture initially, but it turned out to be a real and sleepy one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Yep!

There was a delay of a week between when the other half first saw our two in Battersea and I went with her to visit and pick them up (and they wanted to see me with them too). That whole week she was excited and scared they would give them away to someone else she actually phoned them!

1 Like

He was so beautiful - but also SO SCARED omg. Still totally in love with him and would take him home in an instant but not sure he’s quite there yet.

They’ve ‘reserved’ her for us for a week so there is no there is no danger of someone else taking her fortunately - but I just want her to come home NOW!! I guess the only worry is that when we visit her today she will start to hate us or something :joy:

2 Likes