Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

A lot of people, cat haters and some cat lovers are pretty convinced cats are dicks, who only show affection when they want feeding. I really don’t believe that. Ever since Viktor moved in with us, he’s been especially close to my girlfriend. And I think this proves there is something more.

My GF was slumped on the sofa yesterday, she’s been feeling ill/run down recently. Viktor was sat with her, on her feet.

The GF was on the phone to her mum and started crying. Viktor immediately got up, moved up and climbed onto her chest, put his face about 30cm from hers and started purring, and staring into her eyes and puddling her jumper. I don’t know whether we are anthropomorphising, but he really seemed to want to comfort her. I find it hard to believe he remembered she existed and was asking for food.

When Ellie was alive and the GF and I used to argue it would make her really anxious. She would hover round getting really skittish and wanting attention, to be comforted.

I am sure they can pick up on emotions very well and react to these.

1 Like

When your pal is also your cushion

14 Likes

My cats give me much love even when they have recently been fed.

Jessica does this thing where she kind of cuddles/ puts an arm round me which is kind of adorable.

However I do think the feeding thing is kind of true - I get much more lap sitting/ attention than the kids as I am the one who they see every day, and crucially the one who feeds them

1 Like

yes my cat has arms

1 Like

How does it smell?

Yes, I agree. There is a large part of them that is driven by being gutty tuna-eating-monsters, but there is also a great deal of love as well.

1 Like

Our two cats are really affectionate. It’s pretty much impossible to sit down without one of them wanting up on your lap, even if they’ve recently been fed.

Sooty seems really close to me. I’m pretty sure he senses when I feel really low and down, which seems far to much lately.

Sooty has a routine, that when I go to bed, if I close the bedroom door, he miows very meekly at the door, I open it, he jumps on the bed for about 5 minutes, purring manically, then he wanders off and sleeps in his basket. I’m pretty sure he is just saying goodnight.

2 Likes

Yes. Routines seem a thing for them. Ellie and I had a habit. If I was sat on a bar stool in the kitchen, I had to put out another one opposite me for her. Then she sat facing me, it was prime position for me being able to stroke her.

If I didn’t put the second one there, she would stalk around waiting like a shark until I sorted it out.

2 Likes
1 Like

12 Likes

I got a new pair of trainers today.

19 Likes

:heart_eyes:

https://mobile.twitter.com/doodlewhale/status/840863587652509696

Here I am dressed as a cat, holding a cat

8 Likes

Holy shit, you look like @incandenza

That shoe box did prove to be popular. Although I finally chucked it away yesterday.

16 Likes

HOW COULD YOU?

Only sat down for a second, now I’m covered in cats

10 Likes

This is the opposite of a problem.

26 Likes

We all look the same on the boards